Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error assigning serial number to product.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
844 Views, 5 Replies

Error assigning serial number to product.

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my AutoCAD activation, I am simply unable to activate my product since my license code is not valid, and when I looked what was wrong I saw this:

Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault

So if you could help me I would appreciate it thanks.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours Dean Babic

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
domagoj.krivosic
in reply to: Anonymous

I am getting the same error. What can I do to fix it?

Message 3 of 6
philip.s

Hi Dean,

This is typically an Education Community account issue where the only workaround is to create a new account using a different email address. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues and we'll gladly troubleshoot accordingly!

Message 4 of 6
ivan.gretic

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem, i says ''Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault'', and the serial number listed is not valid... Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: ivan.gretic

Two possibilities come to mind.... one is that the authorization process is havig problems on autodesk's end of the internet.  The second is a bad serial number.  Presuming that you purchased this through a VAR, the best bet is to contact your reseller.  Thye are generally the first stop for initial installation support.

Message 6 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: jggerth1

The "Error Assigning Serial Number to Product" error message is actually in regards to an Education Community account issue, where the only workaround at the moment is to create a new account using a different email address.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report