Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 901 during Inventor product activation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
John_Nagle
1962 Views, 5 Replies

Error 901 during Inventor product activation

I've installed Autodesk Inventor 2011 on Windows 7, licensed under the TechShop promotional program. Install went OK, and the program will work in "Try" mode. But activation with the Techshop-issued keys fails with a 901 error.

I can't find any reference to a 901error in the documentation, support forums, or even in the FlexNet End User Manual. (You're using FlexLM/ FlexNet? That was a turkey 10 years ago, and acquisition by Macrovision didn't help.)

The appropriate "alternate way to activate" email has been sent (ref "AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2011 358-XXXXXXX", from "nagle@animats.com") has been sent, but no reply has been received.

John Nagle

Autodesk stockholder since 1983

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello John,

I am not very sure about what's the actual reason, but you may also want to contact the Autodesk Business Center team here besides waiting for the feedback from Activation team which you have sent email:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

Looks like there is something issue with your serial number.

Regards,

Helen

Message 3 of 6

Install autocad 2007 and then activated it but show error

not activated 2007 autocad

Message 4 of 6

@vilas.patil472

Welcome to the community..

This posting is like 6 yrs old..  Are you having a 901 error as well or something else?  Details are necessary and in the future I would recommend that you create your own posting and not replying to such an old posting..  Smiley Wink

Also the 2007 version is retired and no longer supported.  Where did you get this copy?  Activation depends on the history of the serial #.  Just because you have a copy of 2007 and a serial #, doesn't mean its going to work.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6

But activate AutoCAD 2007 now
Message 6 of 6

Are you saying your activated now or asking to be activated now?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report