Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Message 1 of 24
mecanicoNorte
3092 Views, 23 Replies

Error [-4,132,0]

hello

Well I am working with inventor 2010 an my computerĀ“s software is windows 7 64 bits.

The problems is tha when I try to start working with Inventor, sometimes is impossilbe to start, because The inventor show me an error, that I enclose, and is impossible to start, even i must restart the computer but is the same, the same error happens.

The questions is that some partner have install this software in the computer and works properly

I would like to know the reason to reapair it.

Many thanks for your help

MecanicoNorte

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: mecanicoNorte

a -4 error is you used up all of your licenses

check the license manager to see who has licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 24
TravisNave

Yep, easiest one to fix.  You might need to buy more licenses.  Or set some limitations on who can use it or reserves to select users. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 24
mohan_s
in reply to: TravisNave

One of my client had 40 seats NLM BDS Ultimate 2013. LMTOOL shows all 40 license issued in server status window. Still on 5 PC's i am getting this message( error -4.132.0 ). what is the cause of this error. I did added ports 2080, 27000-27009 to all Pc. Anyone knows other solutions to this. Kindly help us out.

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 5 of 24
DarrenP

did you read the above posts?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 24
mohan_s
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, thats why i said we installed 40 license on 40 Pc's. Checked LMTOOL on server, which shows 40 liceneses issued.

We borrowed 35 license on 35 pc's out of 40. On remaining 5 pc's we get this error code. If LMTOOL shows 40 license issued and my 35 license are working except remaing 5. Why i am getting this error on my 5 pc's. Is there limitation of LMTOOL that we can not borrows all 40 license on all 40 pc's or is it something else.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan Suryawanshi

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 7 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: mohan_s

Post a copy/paste of your status enquiry showing licenses are available and also post your debug log file which should show denials of -4.  That will aid us in determining your problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 24
DarrenP

is BDSU 2013 the only product in the license file or are there other 2013 products in there?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 24
mohan_s

Yes we have only BDSU 2013 40 seats

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 10 of 24
TravisNave

Check your debug log file on the server for the reason for the -4 error. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 24
mohan_s

Thanks for your reply. Below are the details of the current status of my customerā€™s PC.

1. OS Windows 7 64 bit
  2. Total 40 PCā€™s including server.
  3. Total 40 licenses installed on all 40 PCā€™s
  4. 35 licenses borrowed on 35 Pcā€™s
  5. Remaining 5 pc getting this error. So I could not able borrow licenses.

Today I visited my customer and found that in two pcā€™s LAN cable connection was loose and did not show/ping server. Also I noticed that in two pcā€™s server name PING was ok but I could not see the Autodesk Network License Manager directory throu network that I shared on server. This directory is visible on other 35 PCā€™s where I could be able to run software successfully. I checked LMTOOL status which shows 40 license issued. So I think itā€™s a LAN connectivity issue, i would like to know your suggest.

Regards,

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 12 of 24
TravisNave

I suggest you attach your debug.log file for me to look at.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 24
mohan_s

Below are the details of the current status of my customerā€™s PC.

1. OS Windows 7 64 bit
  2. Total 40 PCā€™s including server.
  3. Total 40 licenses installed on all 40 PCā€™s
  4. 35 licenses borrowed on 35 Pcā€™s
  5. Remaining 5 pc getting this error. So I could not borrow licenses.

I have attached following files here

1. Debug.log

2. Server diagnostic status copy

3. LMTOOL server status copy

Regards,

Mohan Suryawanshi

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 14 of 24
TravisNave

The status shows clearly that all 40 of your licenses are used up.

Users of 85788BDSADV_F:  (Total of 40 licenses issued;  Total of 40 licenses in use)

The breakdown looks to be because some of your machines have more than one license borrowed.  You should locate those machines, return the license(s) then verify and reborrow.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 24
DarrenP

it could be some users are using multiple versions of the products which will use multiple licenses

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren is right.  Your status enquiry was cut off so I couldn't see which products were being duplicated, but if a user launches multiple products or release versions, then it can take more than one license. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 24
mohan_s

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I undrestood the issue, I just want to know how to identify that a single PC has using multiple licenses And how to return those multiple licenses. I will return all those license borrowed by my client i will check all products.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan suryawanshi

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 18 of 24
mohan_s

Hello sir, I have recieved reply from Autodesk Tech. supp. and m going to try those things it is similar to your suggestions. see it below, also they have sent me excel file where it shows how many pc's got multiple licenses borrowed. It may help other people arround with this same problem.

Suggestions from Autodesk--->

I checked Server Status and Debug Log files and it appears that all 40 licenses are already borrowed to users.

Please refer to the attached Excel file which shows who borrowed licenses. There are 40 instances that indicate licenses are borrowed. Among those 40 instances, there are 10 instances that show duplicate names (highlighted in read and yellow).

Here's one of them:

User Lab13 Lab13 (v1.000) (Lab08/27000 2601), start Thu 8/23 16:15 (linger: 13264440)
user Lab13 Lab13 (v1.000) (Lab08/27000 4201), start Thu 8/23 16:15 (linger: 14805060)

Because of the above, there are no available licenses in the server and other clients will be denied if they attempt to pull licenses.

In order to resolve the issue, I'd recommend you to perform the followings:

• Check if those 30 clients and 10 duplicate clients are actually using licenses. You can confirm it by launching applications and checking Product Information. Try returning licenses and re-borrow them.
  • There's a possibility that some machines borrowed licenses in the past, didn't return them, got refreshed, and borrowed licenses again. Check if there were such activities.
  • Clients may be poiniting to a wrong server. Check LICPATH.LIC file in clients and see if it's pointing to a right one.
  • In some cases, you may have to work on clients to return all the licenses and request for a new license file.

Thanks & Regards,

mohan Suryawanshi

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi
Message 19 of 24
TravisNave

That's all I did was copy the status enquiry into Excel and sort by name and locate the duplicates.  I recommend the same procedure to find your issue.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 24
mohan_s

I have checked and deleted the line under flexlicense in regedit in all pc's beacuse in some pc's license refused to return.Still i got the same error in some PC, As suggested by Autodesk Tech. supp. i recalled new license file and configured it with the server and now all the licenses are working fine. I would like to thanks all who helped me giving suggestions. But i guess still this is a mistery i have some questions in my mind.

1. Why flexlm license manger borrows more than one license in single PC

2. Then after borrowing licenses there is not system to identify how many licenses are borrowed in single PC.

3. In many PC's license returning refused.

4. May be this is a hidden tweakings which are not available or known to normal people like me. but again to avoide such critical issues flexlm or Autodesk should address all those tweaks and hidden line to all customer's i thinks so.

Thanks & Best Regards

Mohan suryawanshi

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report