Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 20 on 3ds max 2010 win 7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
conversalex
606 Views, 2 Replies

Error 20 on 3ds max 2010 win 7

Hi,

I've been running 3DS max 2010 on this win 7 PC for a few years and today it suddenly won't start and give me the licensing error 20 ??? I have not changed anything, nor installed anything recently.

It doesn't even give me any options, just closes... Then i tried to install the latest SP1 but it didn't change anything, same error 20 on startup.

How can I solve this without having to reinstall everything again ?

Thanks for your help !!

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: conversalex

Error 20 is common on MAX for some reason.  Usually just deleting the license and reactivating it fixes it.  You can search the board for Error 20, or just start here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/3ds-max-2014-error-20-win8-64/td-p/4386885

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
conversalex
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I tried deleting the Flexnet folder completely and also tried with just removing the adskflex file. Result is the same Error 20 and no new flexnet files created in both situations... Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report