Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error-1722 while installing revit structure 2013

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
paresh6203
2017 Views, 22 Replies

error-1722 while installing revit structure 2013

i am trying to install revit structure 2013 on my win7 x64...error comes while installatin ( error -1722 ) ...pls someone help

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
DannyHubbard
in reply to: paresh6203

Reboot, try the install again. If it still fails post the Revit Setup and Install log from your temp folder, they will have more details on the cause of the failure.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 23
paresh6203
in reply to: DannyHubbard

thanxx for reply danny

there are two log file for revit 1- install.log and 2- satup.log....whitch one is nedded?

Message 4 of 23
DannyHubbard

Attach both log files.

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 23
paresh6203

here it is...satup.log file
size of install log is about 14 mb..what to do?

Message 6 of 23
DannyHubbard

Select the install log, right click choose Send to - Compressed Folder.

Uploading the resulting zip file that is created.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 23
paresh6203

thanks danny ...here it is 🙂

Message 8 of 23
DannyHubbard

Your install log is reporting the following error

Note: 1: 1722 2: win64RegisterIDbRoot.742DD471_03BC_4C75_8992_518E2BDABD1C 3: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2013\DBAccess\ 4: regsvr32.exe /s "IDbRoot.dll"

Try renaming this DBAccess folder then run Setup again to install Revit.

See a similar post, http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Cannot-Install-Revit-2013-Something-called-Wind...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 23
paresh6203

ok i read that post...he is saying

"In Windows Explorer navigate to the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2013\DBAccess" select the file "RBCTMdbEditX.dll", right click and choose Rename. After renaming the file run setup for Revit 2013 again."      

but not mensioned renamed file... ?????? so can i ename it to any name?

Message 10 of 23
DannyHubbard

Yes you can rename the file to anything. Make sure you read the rest of that thread there are other things people did to get past this error.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 23
paresh6203

hello danny...my problem is...

i am trying to install revit structure...installation stopeed by error 1722...then i have renamed that file u mensioned...then i again trying to install revit....but installation window shows that it is alreaday installed.

i have tried to uninstall it from control paned...but i cant....then i complete uninstalled it by microsoft fix it programe....so the problem is ..if i complete uninstall it...then there is no file or folder of revit structure in autodesk shared folder...so i thing there is no meaning of renaming that file and installing again......sorry for my bad english :D...m very confused..pls reply..thanks danny

Message 12 of 23
paresh6203

please help someone Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 23
paresh6203

"error 1722. there is a problem with this windows installer package a program run as a part of the satup did not finish as expected. contact your supprot personal or package vendor."  😞

Message 14 of 23
DannyHubbard

So after the uninstall using the Microsoft Fix It utility did you verify that the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2013\DBAccess" didn't exist before trying to install Revit again?

The uninstall won't remove everything, especially things in the Autodesk Shared folders.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 23
paresh6203

yes danny..i have verified that microsoft fix it utility will remove that folder too .

Message 16 of 23
paresh6203

someone also have the same prob.  here is the link...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/revit-2013-erro-1722-erro-1603-e-1619/td-p/3555...    

i dont know him problem has been solved or not...because i cant understand that language.. 😞

Message 17 of 23
DannyHubbard

When installing Revit now are you still getting the 1722 error?

If you look through the Revit Install log in your temp folder is it still the same error as before?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 18 of 23
paresh6203

yes danny .. i m getting same error...installtion starts ...takes time for small window ( installing revit content ) then suddnly error comes 1722.

i dont understand about logs...so here i m attaching my new log file

Message 19 of 23
DannyHubbard

The error message is the same as before. Like I mentioned previously in Windows explorer navigate to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM\2013" and rename the DBAccess folder, add a 1 to the end of the folder name or something. Then rerun the Setup for Revit.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 23
paresh6203

hello danny...the problem is icant install revit structure again because installation windows shows it is already installed...and i cant uninstall it from control panel...i have to uninstall it by microsoft fix it prog.  and if i remove that by microsoft fix it...then  there is no DBAcess folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report