two good news from me:
1. The installation went fine w/o difficulties on our notebook - just with one HD (Win 7, 64 bit)
2. The installation on our workstation (Win 7, 64 bit, one SSD just for OS and program data - one regular HD for user data) worked fine now.
I got a phone call from the Autodesk Support Line.
We changed the following:
1. generated a local user profile with administrative privileagues and started it.
2. Switched the UAC (user access control) to OFF !!!
3. Opened registry and went to
and changed the keys
Common Desktop c:\users\public\desktop -> d:\users\public\desktop
same proceedings for common music, common video, common pictures
(but I think it has nothing to do with this)
4. close regedit
5. reboot PC
6. Log in with administrative privs
7. start setup - and it worked.
So we are done with this subject and hopefully you benefit from this.
Pressing my thumbs that the next update from Autodesk could deal with these problems.
I was able to solve the problem with the following solution
The problem is due to a registry location pointing to a non-existent location for the user profile location.
Steps to resolve :
The Solution is easy: I made a new user account in my windows 7 64 bit operating system, and that's all. The setup went smooth with any errors. But the account must have administrator properties.
I now have the same fault but R20. HAve tried the earlier resolution with out success. Richard at Cadline has been most helpful but as yet no resolution. Any ideas?
Auotacd 2014Lt was fine on windows 8 until massive windows updates and I could not sign in. Since then upgraded to windows 8.1. Still cannot install the software
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!