Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Roycehellion
Message 1 of 3 (66 Views)

Error 1606, cant access local computer

66 Views, 2 Replies
02-25-2014 12:54 PM

I'm trying to do a stand-alon installtion but it keeps trying to access a network computer and keeps shooting this error mesage at me. As far as a know the computer is not even used, but stays on the network for achive purposes. 

I assume this install can be done ona computer without networking. Is there a way to fix this or make the installer think i am network-less for the install purposes. I am the only one who will use this as its for side project while im at work. 

Please help. I dont have rights to that computer but I am allowed to install this....

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: Error 1606, cant access local computer

02-25-2014 02:37 PM in reply to: Roycehellion
So unplug the PC from the network and try again?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)

Re: Error 1606, cant access local computer

02-25-2014 03:17 PM in reply to: Roycehellion

Hi Charles and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please take a look at these step by step directions on how to complete a standalone installation on a single computer. If the problem persists after following those instructions please respond to this post with further details.

And be sure to try out Dean's suggestion as well :smileyhappy:

Jessica Thrasher
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.