Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 installation issue not solved by KB

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
katiebirdsmith
247 Views, 1 Reply

Error 1603 installation issue not solved by KB

Hello All,

I am trying to install Revit 2014 on a new computer that has Windows 8. I was able to successfully install AutoCAD without issue, but whenever I try to install Revit, the installer fails when install the Microsoft VC redist packages. This produces the "error 1603" issue.

I have tried all of the "solutions" listed here, I am running on an administrator account. I have cleared the temp folder. I have deleted all of the version of Microsoft VC redist found on the computer. I STILL get error 1603. Is there anything else that I could do about this?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello and Welcome to the community.

To resolve the error 1603 please do the following:

-          Uninstall .NET and all versions of C++.

-          Disable User Account Controls and Antivirus software.

-          Make sure you are logged in as the administrator and have full access.

-          Make sure you meet all system requirements.

When running the installer right-click and select the option ‘Run as administrator’.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report