Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 and 1619 during Revit 2012 installation

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
bishara
3915 Views, 30 Replies

Error 1603 and 1619 during Revit 2012 installation

I am trying to install the student version of Revit 2012 on windows 7 and I through the serial number part, but as it installing, it just aborts.  When I look at the installation log, I see errors 1603 and 1619.  I check some solutions here and re-installing windows was what one person did, but I cannot do that.

Please help.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: bishara

reformating your harddrive hopefully you know what means

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 31
bishara
in reply to: DarrenP

i dont

Message 23 of 31
DarrenP

you need to take it to a computer shop and get them to do it for you

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 31
hashim.mundol

Please try this solution on the keys mentioned in the Error log earlier

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS16508079

Creating a new admin user will not help as this registry key is system related

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 31
bishara

Hashim,

This is similar to the previous solution you provided me.  When I try steps 5 and 6 in the solution you just provided me, it does not work.  I check the boxes and click apply.  As soon as I click apply, the boxes uncheck themselves.

I tried many times...

Message 26 of 31
DarrenP

thats an OS issue

you should try what i suggested before

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 27 of 31
bishara

My computer is only about 6 months old with windows 7.  Would it really need that?

Message 28 of 31
hashim.mundol

It is important that you change the ownership of the hive before changing the permission. Here it is bit more clearer.

http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 29 of 31
bishara

IT FINALLY WORKED!!!

I did your suggestion along with some help from Geek Quad at Best Buy.  Thanks so much for your help!

Message 30 of 31
marianne.kopp

Hello

Please could you exactly describe  what you have done to correct the error 1603 and 1619, because I have the similiar problem and I can't fix it!!!

Greets,

Michaela

Message 31 of 31
planemaster92

I had the same problem too.  I tried the diagnostic mode with no help, then I tried to manually install vc++ 2005.  That also didn't help.  So I uninstalled vc++ 2005 and ran revit setup.  This time it installed the vc++ 2005 but crashed when it came to vc++ 2008.  So I then decided that it wanted to install them all from scratch and proceeded to uninstall all versions of vc++ (both x86 and x64).  Once done I ran the setup again and it has just successfully installed.  So if you are having problems with the vc++ error then uninstall all instances of it including any that may have been installed by revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report