Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1328 = Inventor2013_SP1.1_x64.msp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
boggen
794 Views, 2 Replies

error 1328 = Inventor2013_SP1.1_x64.msp

the update install hangs up on ASMKERN218I.DLL c:\program files\autodesk\inventor 2013\bin\asmkern218I.dll installer information window.... Error 1328. Error applying patch to file C:\config.msi\pte3ec.tmp. it has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. for more information contact your patch vendor. i can not "skip" the file. and only have "retry" and "cancel" i have NOT fully uninstalled, and reinstalled autodesk inventor 2013 yet, i have re-downloaded inventor2013_SO1.1_x64.msp through fire fox and internet explorer and same error happens.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
boggen
in reply to: boggen

arghs! uninstalled, reinstalled, and during reinstall, selected to use service pack ""Inventor2013_SP1.1_x64.msp"" same error. rebooted and retried again uninstall reboot then tried just basic install and then reboot and then applying service pack and still same error. tried install individual updates prior to 1.1 service pack and then applying 1.1 service pack and still get same error win7 home premium student version of autodesk inventor 2013 proffessional. nothing else is running, msconfig, disabling startup applications, made sure no antivirius or popup blockers are running. double checking i am in administrator mode. start->run->%temp%->enter key -> MSI4caa1.LOG ((log file of service pack 1.1 at an attempt to install)) Error 1328. Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PT5DA5.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor. System Error: -1072807676 === Logging stopped: 11/3/2012 21:00:23 === searching autodesk website has not returned any other doings for this error.
Message 3 of 3
boggen
in reply to: boggen

ASMKERN218I.DLL the above file displays as being updated in the first approx 10% of the coping file stage of applying service pack. then about 50% through, this given file name repeats, and this is when it hangs up. with original error message. of not being able to modify this file any further.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report