Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 Product Registration & Activation

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
HydroServices
4922 Views, 16 Replies

Error 1 Product Registration & Activation

I'm trying to transfer a license (autoCAD LT 2012) from one pc to another.

However when trying to transfer the licence with LTU I get the error message "The serial number you entered is not valid Try again. (1)".

As suggested in another thread, I uninstalled autoCAD on the first pc, and installed it on the other one. During the installation my serial number was accepted. Installation completed succesfully but during the activation I got the same error message again.

How should I proceed?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: HydroServices

Hello Luc,

The LTU will only work with assets that haven't been upgraded unless that upgraded asset is attached to a valid Subscription.

In your case, it appears that all of your AutoCAD LT 2012 license were upgraded to 2013 per a Subscription that has since lapsed / expired, which would also explain the activation error.

You would still be entitled to use the 2012 license if the If the 2013 ones have not yet been activated. Alternatively, you could also utilize the 2013 license which in doing so would forfeit all future right s to the previous / 2012.

Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number (I show several AutoCAD LT 2012s on your account) and let me know if you wish to stay with 2012 or upgrade to 2013.

Please also note that for future needs, you can also contact our Registration and Activation group for direct assistance.

Message 3 of 17
manhin.ma

Hello!

I'm recieving the exact same code as we speak. I've recieved a product key and serial number for "AutoDesk AutoCAD 2014" and I've tried to request for an activation code but everytime I enter my serial number, the error message appears too. I believe that there's something wrong with the serial number. Additionally I've downloaded the student version.

Please reply ASAP!

Thank you so much!

Man Hin

Message 4 of 17
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: manhin.ma

Dear manhin.ma,

Kindly send me a Private Message (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number. Please make sure to include the request code as well so I can process a manual activation.

For future activation request, you can contact our Registration and Activation Team directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 17
smalljump
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hello!

The software was working fine yesterday, but today the Product Registration & Activation window came out.

I'm not able to register the product, it shows error 1.

I did try to get an online activation code, but it also says "The serial number is not valid".

Please help, 

Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: smalljump

Welcome to the community Edgar!

Do you have the ability to reactivate or does the error prevent you from moving forward?

If the later, can you please try deleting the Autodesk licensing info from your system by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Does that work?

Message 7 of 17

I also am upgrading software suite from 2014 to 2015 and the install completed but keep getting an error code (1) when Trying to Activate.

Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 17

Hi Cornelius, welcome to the community!

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

For direct activation and licensing assistance, you can also contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 17
shh10
in reply to: philip.s

Buenas tardes: 

Me he descargado a versión de Autocad del 2015, y una vez instalada en mi portátil, cuando voy a usarlo, me pide que active la licencia. Esto no sería ningún problema su no fuese por que en ell último paso me sale "El número de serie introducido no es válido. Inténtelo de nuevo. (Error 1)", habiendo puesto yo el número de serie que se me facilitó por correo y que en el paso previo me aceptada sin ningún problema. ¿Qué puedo hacer entonces apra activar la licencia correctamente?

Message 10 of 17
zebraffe_x
in reply to: manhin.ma

I am having the same problem.  I've tried downloading 3DS Max 2015 for students and I've had nothing but problems.  At first, I was trying to install it on my MacBook but I realised the program was too much for it with everything else I have on my Mac.  So, I bought a PC laptop specifically for Max but when I went to finally get it installed properly on Windows 8.1, I got that same error (The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)).  Though, I'm pretty sure that, at one time, I successfully used the serial number but I just can't remember if it was on the PC or the Mac.  Even still, I've tried to see if it would work with using a different account but, no matter what, I keep getting the same serial number, hence the same problem.

I am getting beyond frustrated, especially considering I am a student and I have an assignment using his program due next week that I can't complete!

Message 11 of 17

I also am installing AutoCAD 2016 and the install completed but keep getting an error code (1) when Trying to Activate. How can I solve this issue?

Message 12 of 17
eresan1696

I'm having the same issue, I try to activate my Inventor 2015 software, but it won't accept my serial number and it shows ¨error 1¨.

Message 13 of 17
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: eresan1696

@eresan1696

Not accepting the serial # at the installation process or when you go to activate?

Are you a student?   Where did you get this serial # from?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 17
eresan1696
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes I have a student licence. It is the AutoCad serial # I received in my AutoDesk account.

Message 15 of 17
Mark.Lancaster

@eresan1696

AutoCAD?  I thought your issue was with Inventor? 

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 17
eresan1696
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

It appears as an AutoCAD license in my account, it's the only serial # that I received.

Message 17 of 17
Mark.Lancaster

I'm really confused here..  Then why are you trying to install and activate Inventor 2015 if you requested AutoCAD?

Each application has its own serial # and product key.  If you need Inventor beside AutoCAD then you need to request Inventor.  You can't use a serial # for one application and expect it to work for another Autodesk application.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report