Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error [1.5.-18] AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dwaner
802 Views, 3 Replies

Error [1.5.-18] AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010

This Error [1.5.-18] appear every time AutoCAD 2009 is executed.

I found this info somewhere in this forum: "-18 License server system does not support this feature.", but I am starting to think I dont know what this really means.

Reasonly licenses for AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 was bought and then the fun started with combining the licenses files.
I copied from:

PACKAGE 64800INVPRO_F adskflex 2.000 COMPONENTS="70500INVPRO_2010_0F \

to

INCREMENT PLIST adskflex 2.000 permanent 1 \

Into the old license file and I assume this is the new licenses that I added to the huge list of licenses:

Users of PLIST: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 70500INVPRO_2010_0F: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 59600INVPRO_2009_0F: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 55300INVPRO_2008_0F: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

(* LMTOOLS /Server status/Perform Status Enquiry)

What am I missing here? Am I looking in the wrong place? Or isnt AutoCAD 2009 for some wierd reason a part of this license as my boss claims...
Or is the problem something else than what I think with error -18.

Please HELP! I am running out of ideas.... And I am wondering a bit about all the old licenses that still seem to work fine are "adskflex 1.000" while the new license file is "adskflex 2.000". Edited by: Dwaner on Jun 16, 2009 12:44 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Dwaner

If your AutoCAD 2009 is vanilla and previously had its own license file, then you need to combine its INCREMENT/PACKAGE information into your new one. If your AutoCAD 2009 is part of the Inventor Professional 2009 (MDT 2009) then it should be able to use the AIP2009 license as part of your AIP2010 PACKAGE.

Your AIP2010 license file under Subscription will allow you to run the entire suite of Inventor Pro and Mechanical going back to 2008. However, this will not work for plain vanilla AutoCAD if it was not originally part of this suite. This may be where your boss' confusion is and why you are receiving the -18 error.

Your Network License Manager also needs to be at least version 11.5 to support 2010 Subscription licenses. This can be found on any of the 2010 Autodesk media discs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
mahahaavaahava

... and also in order for the ACAD2009 to find a license from the Package pool, it has to have been installed from the media included in the Package, not a standalone ACAD

/Petri
Message 4 of 4
Dwaner

I see, then it is likely several problems all at once! I am fairly sure the AutoCAD 2009 wasnt installed with the AIP2010 Package, and also the LMTOOLS is version 11.4.1

Another question. I do believe we have the version of AIP2010 package that include going back to 2008. Do I need to ask specificly for this going back to stuff when I ask for a new license file? Is there anyway i can see in the licens file if it supports going back to 2008 or not?

I guessing I have to wait for my boss to be back as he got the media's "hidden" in his office.

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP! I think I got a fair idea on how to solve this issue, though I cant do it yet... Edited by: Dwaner on Jun 17, 2009 7:35 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report