Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error [1.5.-18] A valid license could not be obtained...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
441 Views, 1 Reply

Error [1.5.-18] A valid license could not be obtained...

I've got an odd issue with a computer lab using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2008.

When autocad 2008 is launched, it always gets a license error the first time. Usually the 2nd time it's launched it'll work.

I've tried setting FLEXLM_TIMEOUT, but that doesn't work. I've setup the flexlm license manager with a new license on another server, and set the clients to use it, but it does the same thing.

Now, to make matters worse, it seems to work fine in other labs, labs that are literally cloned images and should be the same.

Any have a suggestion?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think I've solved the problem. Once a user successful runs autocad, the license problems go away for all users of the computer until reboot, which then reverts the computer back to the way it was because we use Deepfreeze in the lab. The key file that's updated is in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\autodesk\network\AdskNetSrv.dat
When I could successfully launch autocad, I copied the file and added it to a start script which overwrote the version on all of the other lab computers with the one that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report