Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
charles1017
92995 Views, 71 Replies

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

Hi, recently i downloaded the trial version of autocad2013 from the offical website.

but after a successful install, i cant even start my autocad2013

It shows an error 0xc000007b.

acad.exe

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I am using Windows7 Ultimate 64bit verson.

I did a little search on the net, most of the solution is install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010(x86 and x64) redistributable package and reinstall directx 9 but neither works

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

71 REPLIES 71
Message 41 of 72

Works perfect and was a easy step, thanks

Message 42 of 72
steffen.brandt.th
in reply to: BurjanS

Works perfect and was a easy step, thanks
Message 43 of 72
hoanghenry38

i dont have a disc to copy the file i  only download the soft ware from autodesk student

so how i would i fix the 0xc000007b error on my laptop (window 7 64bit)

and i also have a problem to uninstall the software too,

Message 44 of 72
jdm308
in reply to: hoanghenry38

If you have no access to a machine that is similar, from which to copy the file. you may need to insert the original Windows disc, and do a "repair/re-install".

When installing most any Autodesk software, it is imperative you have full admin rights, set the UAC to lowest setting, close all other programs.

Sorry I can't offer more. Hope this helps.
Message 45 of 72
wbslnger2004
in reply to: charles1017

I have done everything you have listed here, but Maya 2014. Still wont open.

(I know this is for AutoCad, but I was directed here from a support help link)

I have re-installed maya 2014, I have re-installed the .NET Framework thing.  NOTHING.

This is just getting really frustating, I am now going on day 4 for not having my issue solved.

Message 46 of 72
wbslnger2004
in reply to: np

I did all this, and still it did not work.

Come on Autodesk, please solve this problem.  This is getting ridiculous

Message 47 of 72
wbslnger2004

And then,here is my step to solving the problem :

"1. Copy file MSVCR100.DLL from x64 folders find in any Autodesk Source DVD,

2. Paste this file to C:\WIndows\System32, you will be prompted if this file is exist, don't worry. Change it with the new one.

3. Restart the system, and then run AutoCAD 2013 or any Autodesk 2013 products which have problem msgs : 0xc000007b.

Voillllaaaa..!!! Problem solved ! All Autodesk products in Product Design Suites Premium 2013 working well. "

OMG!!!!! It worked!!! I have it open! This thing worked.

I followed this and the solutions above it, and it freaking worked!
Message 48 of 72
alisa

I was having the same issue with Maya 2013. (Windows 7 x64 system.)  I did everything this post suggested but was still having no luck getting Maya to run. 

But I finally did a repair on my Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632  and picked vcredist_x64.exe  and the problem was solved after the repair. 

Note: I ran the dependace walker after I got Maya working and it was still throwing errors even though the program was working - but the MSVCR100.DLL was no longer an issue.

Message 49 of 72
mircot80
Message 50 of 72
wieslaw_soltes

Thanks, your solution works great!

Message 51 of 72

I'm os is windows 8 64 bit im do what do you say and mono develop find ieshims.dll , msvcr100.dll and ogsarchive-4_0.dll. I'm found msvcr100.dll and ieshims.dll but i can't found ogsarchive-d_0.dll . Can anyone help ? Sorry for bad English.

Message 52 of 72
r7a7d7o

Thanks for solution, works well after replacing MSVCR100.DLL (809kB)  🙂

Message 53 of 72
Migration

I get the same for Autocad 2014. I unistaled it and reinstall again same error. I update to service pack 1 2014 still same error. Any help for that.

Message 54 of 72
jdm308
in reply to: Migration

If I recall, this is the error we fought last years for several weeks.
Find the file "MSVCR100.DLL"
Rename it "MSVCR100.OLD"
The installation program should create a new MSVCR100.DLL file that works.
Hope this helps.
Message 55 of 72
magicman8
in reply to: jdm308

I got it my friends. all I had to do was : go to C:system32 remove msvcr100dll , place it in a new folder on my desktop and download a new one from the internet, copy and paste and thats it. Now I can use all of my autocad aplications. no need to scan your computer with those fix nothing tools.bye guys.

Message 56 of 72
Migration

I just want to let you know that I had the same message when opening Autocad 2014 and I replaced only the ms....dll file that was red from the begining. All other I did not.And it worked.

Message 57 of 72
mircot80
in reply to: Migration

Ciao.

Puoi scegliere tra reinstallare "Microsoft visual c++" o sostituire le librerie "a mano".

Vedi qui: http://www.assistenzainformatica.tv/forum/errori-windows/7-impossibile-avviare-correttamente-l-appli...

Fammi sapere se risolvi il problema.

Grazie.

Message 58 of 72
n.mutlu

don't waste ur time. %100 solution: 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fxgohqcs1fsv6bv/aio210.zip

just download aio2010 and use it. then please thank to me.

Message 59 of 72
Artzver_stud
in reply to: n.mutlu

I tried all the solutions. I did not help. It is possible that this file is running 32-bit D3DX9_43.dll? http://cs621731.vk.me/v621731371/1207f/c3hAWnSmv4s.jpg
Message 60 of 72
charles1017

Never thought after a long time, people still got this 0xc000007b error

However, I just solve this problem successfully (at least in my case)

For those who are experiencing the problem, give a try!

(I believe this solution does not only work on AutoCAD, any other program having 0xc000007b error could try as well, usually this will solve all error)

1. Use something called "DirectX Repair"

I believe its a software from China, not sure if there is an english version (or whether its "clean")...

As some of you might have missing/broken/different DirectX file

2. Update / Restore to default / Reinstall different versions of .NET framework

Please download it from official Microsoft website

3. Restore to default / Reinstall the most recent Visual C++ Redistributable

You can download the latest one from

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

For now, most program uses VC++ 2005,2008,2010 Redistributable only, 2012, 2013 are not that widely used, you could install as well. If your program requires newer version or you saw this solution some year after, you might want to install the according lastest version.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update

VC++ versions(2005, 2008 and 2010) are not backward-compatable, so you will need all of them (for x64 user, install x64 and x86 for each version)

just a little information, if you got 2008 9.0.1234 and 2008 9.0.3264 installed, probably keeping only 3264 will also make your program work

however, I do recommend keep all of those

If the 3steps above doesnt work for you, you might want to use "Dependency Walker" to see what you are missing.

and Google is your friend 🙂

Charles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report