Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error:0x250000ff; this shouldnt be this difficult

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1024 Views, 5 Replies

error:0x250000ff; this shouldnt be this difficult

I am trying to install Autocad Architecture 2015 with the 3 year education license, and I continually get an error during installation.  I have been using Autodesk products for 10 years now, and I cant believe how hard this is.  Also, it is impossible to find a phone number to just call someone on tech support and ask. 

The latest error i get is: Aborted (Error:0x250000ff)

Is there anyone that works for Autodesk support that has a solution to this error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Often changing your download method fixes this type of error, but if you try that and it doesn't work you can take a further step and follow the precautions below:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
Disable UAC... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7
Close and reopen your preferred browser.
Re-download from the Virtual Agent... http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, it is impossible to find a phone number to just call someone on tech support and ask. 

the free student license don't get free phone support

contact your schools IT department or find a reseller in your area and pay them for phone support

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

what do you mean the free student version doesnt get free phone support...are you kidding me?  generally companies provide some form of person to person customer support whether its over the phone or via chat dialog on their website.  how can they rely on people to go through these message boards to find out the problem they are having with their specific install.  Yes, this should be a free service for customers.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your reply to my post.  I went through and completed all the steps that you have outlined and i still get an error mid-installation.

I will keep browsing the message boards and hope to stumble upon a solution.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

I have tried all of this for the last 10+hours and nothing is working!! please help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report