Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase Installation Files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
AllenJessup
347 Views, 2 Replies

Erase Installation Files

I just wanted to verify my thinking. If I copy the installation files from the installation media to the hard drive and create a Network Deployment. I can erase the installation files as long as I leave the deployment intact. With the deployment I should still be able to do repairs and re-installs. I haven't done this in a couple of years so I want to check before I erase the files.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014
Dell Precision T3610, Xeon CPU 3.70 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000
Samsung SSD 512GB
HGST (WD) 512GB drive

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

I just wanted to verify my thinking. If I copy the installation files from the installation media to the hard drive and create a Network Deployment. I can erase the installation files as long as I leave the deployment intact. With the deployment I should still be able to do repairs and re-installs. I haven't done this in a couple of years so I want to check before I erase the files.

yes this is correct as along the deployment doesn't get moved or deleted you should be fine

you would have to re copy the media to the hard drive again if you need to recreate the deployment from scratch

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren. Just wanted to be sure.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report