Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Student Edition professional use question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ksimms
455 Views, 2 Replies

Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 Student Edition professional use question

I'm a student in college about to graduate and have grown accustomed to the 3DS Max, mudbox, Maya, and was looking for a way to use it in the future. I came across a pamphlet from an online retailer that sold the "Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2014 Student" package for a discounted price and was thinking of buying, but once I looked over some of the Student License information (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270111) it states that student products can not be used for "for-profit" purposes. Question: I'm wondering if this means that if I purchase this package am I still able to professionally use whatever I make (i.e. I'm trying to make and sell Indie Video games and I need to know if I can legally use this product to do so) or am I limited to certain restrictions?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: ksimms

Anything in a student package is for learning only.  That applies to the content you generate as well.  You cannot later open it with a "pro"/paid for package and reversion it.

Aren't the Educational versions supposed to be free to students?  Is this from an authorized AutoDesk reseller or a personal sale?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
ksimms
in reply to: dgorsman

I'm not sure if this will come up correctly but here's a link to the package information: http://www.journeyed.com/item/Autodesk/Entertainment+Creation+Suite/1561755

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report