Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Serial Number in trial opening window

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
prosebrock
537 Views, 8 Replies

Entering Serial Number in trial opening window

When I hit enter serial number I get a dead area that does not allow me to put serial numbers in and of course get a wonky invalid serial number response...Any ideas how to get solve this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: prosebrock

Make sure your Internet Explorer is updated and set to your default browser and then try again.  You'll also want to add *.autodesk.com to your trusted sites.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
prosebrock

Thanks for the tip...check both items and still not letting me.

You can "catch" an entry window and typing will insert something there but can't see it and it rejects it every time.

See tha attached, the blue letters "took" but only appear if you back swipe it.

Windows 8 OS

Thanks for any help

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Windows 8 is not supported for the full suite of Autodesk products.  Check here to see if the product you are trying to activate is on the list:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
prosebrock
in reply to: TravisNave

Does that mean I can not register the software?

I already have paid for it.

Seems like if your software is not going to function on a new operating system that you would not collect money for it.

Do I have any recourse? 

Message 6 of 9
prosebrock

I have 19 days left on my trial version...have paid for my software, can someone please help me with this Windows 8 issue?

Will the software not work? Is there any work around so that I can register my license?

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

Try running in Windows 7 compatibility as Administrator and see if it helps.  Windows 8 came out months after your product was released.  It's noted that Windows XP and Windows 7 are supported operating systems.  Windows 8 should be supported with the 2014 release coming out shortly.  If you have Subscription, then you will get this release automatically.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
DannyHubbard

This is probably related to your IE settings, similar to http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1053941.

Another option would be to run LT then from the Help pull down choose About then the Product License Information button. From there you can pick Update to the right of the serial number enter your serial number and activate the software from there.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
prosebrock

THANKS!!!!!!!

That worked...much relief...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report