Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMS 2014 deployment fails

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
klflesher
909 Views, 11 Replies

EMS 2014 deployment fails

I am trying to create a deployment on a server for multiple clients to install products from. The folder is shared with the proper permissions, as I did this exact thing last year (same server), and I have Administrative access to the server. I am using the Education Master Suite 2014 that I downloaded from the Subscription Center, not the USB flash drive version. My client is running Windows 7 x64, and I am building to a server running Windows Server 2008 R2. I ran through all the products and options that I wanted, and chose Create. After about an hour, I get a "deployment failed" error screen:

DeployFail1.jpg

I checked the log file, and it doesn't really tell me anything useful, here is the tail end of the file:

2013/8/1:13:50:10	kflesher	CT-KLF	Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_14 SetupMode:1 InstallState:2 InstallAction:7 Message: 
2013/8/1:13:50:36	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	LaunchDialog		
2013/8/1:14:23:05	kflesher	CT-KLF	eduui== Parameter: VCPlatformCheck SetupMode:4 InstallState:1 InstallAction:0 Message: 
2013/8/1:14:23:06	kflesher	CT-KLF	eduui== Parameter: VCPlatformCheck SetupMode:4 InstallState:1 InstallAction:0 Message: 
2013/8/1:14:23:06	kflesher	CT-KLF	eduui== Parameter: VCPlatformCheck SetupMode:4 InstallState:1 InstallAction:0 Message: 
2013/8/1:14:23:06	kflesher	CT-KLF	Inventorui== Parameter: Prereq_14 SetupMode:4 InstallState:2 InstallAction:11 Message: 
2013/8/1:14:23:27	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	BeginDeploymentDialog		
2013/8/1:14:23:27	kflesher	CT-KLF	CBeginDeploymentDialog::OnInitDialog reads PATH_LENGTH: 182
2013/8/1:15:05:04	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	LicenseDialog		
2013/8/1:15:05:07	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	ProductInfoDialog		
2013/8/1:15:05:40	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	ProductSelectionDialog2		
2013/8/1:15:36:09	kflesher	CT-KLF	PageOpen	FullProgressDialog		
2013/8/1:16:18:05	kflesher	CT-KLF	Installing Exchange App Manager: ACTION=ADMIN TARGETDIR=\\ct-servervm\AdeskNetsetup\AutodeskEMS2014-64bit\Img\x64\ACADExtApps
2013/8/1:16:18:06	kflesher	CT-KLF	Deployment	ACADAPPMGR	CreateAdminImage failed!	2

I have no idea what to do at this point, I can't figure out what file it can't find. As soon as the deployment fails, everything gets erased out of the deployment folder. Where to go from here?

Thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: klflesher

Make sure that your UNC share has Full Control given to the everyone account. 

It's possible that you might not have the full download package if it is complaining about files missing. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
klflesher
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your reply.

I confirmed that everyone that needs access to the share has Full Control. I'm not having any other troubles moving, copying, or deleting files in the remote share, so I don't see how it can be a permissions issue. I really don't want to grant the Everyone account Full Control, although I guess I could do it temporarily and see if it helps.

It's a 124 GB download, I'd really rather not do it again.

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Yeah, I hear ya. That is pretty huge. Try it again, I guess. But it is
saying it can't find a file specified. Makes me wonder which one it is
looking for...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
klflesher

What the heck...  I started another download, different computer, different hard drive. I'll just let it run all night, I'll check it remotely occasionally. Tomorrow I'll try enabling that Everyone account, see if either things fixes it.

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 12
klflesher

Update:

I re-downloaded the entire thing, to a much shorter path on the local C: drive. I disabled the anti-virus software. Then I tried to create another deployment. It took a loooooonnnnnnnngg time, but this time it failed with the error:

Error 1606: Could not access network location: \\(server)\(share)\img\x64\ACADExtApps.

I checked in the x64 folder and the ACADExtApps folder did not exist. So, I manually created it, but when I clicked the Retry button it just kept repeating the same error. It makes no sense to me that it would have this error when clearly the folder is there, and I have full permissions to the folder (I tested it).

So, I tried another deployment, this time sending it to the local C: drive, and this was successful. This also indicates a permissions problem, but why would it fail after partially creating the deployment? Seems to me it's either all or nothing.

Should I disable the firewall on the server?

Getting desparate...   need to get this working.

Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

You might check that the physical folder location security properties has full rights to everyone as well as the shared rights. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 12
klflesher

Here's what I tried this morning:

Even though I am a member of 2 groups that have Full Control permissions to this folder and all sub-folders, I granted Full Control permission to my own account to the root of the share, which gets inherited to all sub-folders.

Then I granted the group Everyone the same permission, and included that group in the Share permissions with Full Control.

Disabled anti-virus software on both the client AND the server.

Disabled the Firewall on the server.

This should make sure that the server is fully exposed, with no obstructions, which I'm nervous about, but I'll try anything at this point.

Tried another deployment on the server, same error, can't access the folder. It's always on the first step when it is installing the "Exchange App Manager" files, but it takes (not exaggerating, I timed it) 40 minutes for the error to finally pop up. Why does it take so long?

I'm stumped.

Message 9 of 12
m_latz

I suppose that it is a problem of the length of the paths on the server. I had a similiar problem.

So try the following:

Ccreate on the server side on the physical harddrive a folder like d:\deploy (if it is your d-drive where you have your shares) share this with sharename "deploy", so that you can use the name \\servername\deploy in your deployment dialog.

This should be short enough and should work if it is a problem of the absolute path length of a file during the creation of the deployment on the server.

Message 10 of 12
klflesher
in reply to: m_latz

Based on your suggestion, I created a new folder off the root of the data drive, called simply "CAD". I shared this folder with the name CAD, and granted Everyone Full Control through both the share and folder permissions. Anti-virus and firewall still disabled. Tried to create directly to the root of the share, same error. I can't get the path any shorter.

Next?

Message 11 of 12
m_latz

Hhm, can you check your %temp% folder for all created log files and post here ?

Message 12 of 12
m_latz
in reply to: m_latz

Okay, I will try the deployment tomorrow. Have you any special settings that you use ? Or just standard settings. And 64-Bit and/or 32-Bit ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report