Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education version Flexnet licensing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Luca_M
381 Views, 10 Replies

Education version Flexnet licensing

I'am having some problems combining different .lic files from 3 different sites.  We have a single license server. First site was a breeze (ACA 2013 license). For the second site (EMS 2013), I simply pasted the content of the second .lic file to the first one (even though the issue dates were different), and everything was working. I am now in the process of adding a third site (also EMS 2013). I pasted the content of this third .lic file (again issued at a differeent date than the previous two).  Problem is if I click on the status button in flex tool, I can only see the first and the third site, there seem to be a site missing.  Should I be using separate instances of flexlm? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ampster402
in reply to: Luca_M

sorry I don't have any input other than I would be surprised the education version touched or uses a flexlm license server.

Message 3 of 11
Luca_M
in reply to: ampster402

We used FlexLM for many years actually. Even today, going through the ARC portal, one has a choice between stand-alone and network licensing.  I always liked network licensing better.

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

you need to generate both ems 2013 licenses on the same day and combine them

you can't have them generated on different days and then combine it will not work

Flex LM will only see the lastest license file whichever one was generated more recently

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Luca_M
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I have 2x125 licenses for one site that were obtained on the same day, and they are correctly combining into a 250 license pool.

My question is, can I incorporate other groups of 125 licenses (for other sites), into the same lic file?  Or do I need to do this differently?

As an example, say I have the following groups of licenses:

- 125 lics for site A - May 2014

- 125 lics for site B - Jul 2014

- 125x2 lics for site C - Aug 2014

I simply pasted all the different lic files into one single one.  Is this the right way to do that?

thanks,

Luca

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

are these sites in the same country?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Luca_M

Yes, same country (Canada), same school district.  Just different schools (sites).

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

then yes

you have to regenerate all licenses the same day and combine them into 1 license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Luca_M

Thanks Darren, I think we are getting closer. 🙂  In order to regenerate the licenses, please check my next steps...

Assuming that the serial numbers / product code for each site should not change (correct?), I sign in to

registeronce.autodesk.com  and input the serial numbers for each sites - this has to be done on the same day.

I then can paste these newly obtained lic files into a single one on the flexlm server, and all licenses shold be visible

Did I get this right?

Message 10 of 11
DarrenP

yes

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Luca_M

Great. I'll do that.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report