Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit AutoCAD options without opening AutoCAD itself?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
camardi
207 Views, 1 Reply

Edit AutoCAD options without opening AutoCAD itself?

Guys, i'm a bit stuck here. i have a plan to configure mulitple AutoCAD accounts across multiple offices by rolling out a change through a batch file....

All i want to do is basically change the folder options to reference one central directory. So my question is to the masters of CAD out there, do you know which file the autocad options refer to? (basically where does the "OP" options in the command prompt refer to?)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: camardi

You mean the support file search path (SFSP) in the Options dialog?  That's not kept "in a file".  Its stored in the registry, in a per-profile, per-Windows user configuration.  You can alter it with a REG file with appropriate precautions, which is what I do as part of our standard first-run procedure.  For ongoing maintenance its probably safer to implement some in-program tools to manage the paths for you.  There's a few pre-made ones floating around out there, using LISP or more advanced methods.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report