Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView does not recognize .NET 4.0

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
nbrown
33583 Views, 39 Replies

DWG TrueView does not recognize .NET 4.0

Problems trying to install DWG TrueView 2012 on Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. 

I have tried installing the 64-bit version of TrueView.  The installation stops and an error message says to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.  However .NET 4.0 is already installed.

I tried the 32-bit version of TrueView but it would not install.

I restored .NET and reinstalled all updates. Still no luck.

TrueView 2011 ran fine on this platform.  However I do not have the original spurce files for that version.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Alternatively, is the 2011 version of TrueView 64-bit still available to download?

Nigel

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
philip.s
in reply to: blort

I apologize for the inconvenience blort

Have you checked out AutoCAD WS? It's a free hosted software that allows for DWG viewing, sharing, and editing.

Message 22 of 40
hfkwong
in reply to: philip.s

I am facing the same problem. I just reinstalled XP and updated to SP3.

I installed:

dotNetFx40_Client_setup

wic_x86_enu

NDP40-KB2468871-v2-x86

then I install

SetupDWGTrueView2013_32bit

It says I did not install .NET 4.0. What happen?

Message 23 of 40
Royersford
in reply to: nbrown

If you install the Autodesk Design Review it will automatically download the .NET 4.0 in the download and install process. To get DWG TrueView, just check the box to also install DWG TrueView prior to downloading the Design Review.

Message 24 of 40
mid
Enthusiast
in reply to: blort

You can still download via browser.

Cancel download via autodesk download manager and go to help button that you see only after canceling download.

There you can select browser download...

Message 25 of 40
alsKSA

Installing Autodesk Trueview. Man, that only took about 6 hours of my life from me....on a job site in saudi arabia and with my personal laptop. about noon I am told I need to review several drawings. "oh, i'll just install autocad teamviewer and happy days and then go have lunch...." 

it literally took me from lunch until 10 PM to get this thing sorted. deduct 1 hour for lunch and driving back to the compound....1 hour for phone call with family and 1 hour for getting some work done!

this whole MS Service Pak 4.0 Update is tough...man, i almost gave up several times. I did stop to have some shwarma but it was generally an incredibly frustrating experince.

You guys really killed me with that Akamai net session interface. After trying to get past that for an hour I almost gave up right then. Instead, i found this Blog which got around that: http://blog.jtbworld.com/2012/05/autodesk-dwg-trueview-2013-download-and.html 

I agree with the other poster: why force us through Akamai?

Ok, fine, i download and am told I don't have the right .Net framework....

Then I went into the MS Download rabbit hole for a very, very long time. I didn't have to uninstall anything but I did reboot a lot and I did download a lot of unneccessary items from MS. A lot of google searches and a lot of educated guesses. This seems to be pretty common and there are a lot of dead end blogs out there.

Finally  i want to thank this guy whose blog i only found about 1 hour ago: http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2012/05/microsoft-net-framework-4-sp1.html

His link took me to the REAL link i needed for the SP. I spent a lot of time wondering what the heck was going on and it was his link that save me. 

ALS

Message 26 of 40
sonnen_x
in reply to: alsKSA

You have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Message 27 of 40

I got it to work on a Win7 64-bit system.

I uninstalled NET 4 from control panel.

rebooted.

Download NET 4 from sonnen_x link above.

Rebooted.

Ran "critical" windows updates.

Rebooted.

Re-tried installation and it worked!

Message 28 of 40

I know this started out with True View 2012 and was resolved by fiddlling with .net framework.

and

I looks like the same confusion exists with 2013 TrueView.

and the same solution works... fiddling with .net framework.

And 2013 give me the same dumb stare. "need to updae to 4.0 SP1" with no direction.

Would be nice to have some installing support up front.

Dropping in the suggesion box and I hope I get picke for suggestion of the month and the $100.00 reward.

Message 29 of 40
it
Observer

You have to install the server/developer version.  AutoDesk should tighten-up their programming.  Seriously, This is just a viewer and it's taken almost an hour to figure this out.  Why is any of this acceptable..?  BUSH-LEAGUE..!!!

Message 30 of 40
MatthewWilmot7891

First you must install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871 and then install the update NDP40-KB2468871-v2-x64 0r NDP40-v2-x86.

Message 31 of 40
hfkwong
in reply to: MatthewWilmot7891

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for the reply. But the problem is I can never find tese .NET!!!!

I really cannot believe both Microsoft and Autodesk these two such large company cannot solve such a simply thing.

Big boss on top, learn from Steve Jobs, make things simple, not more complex to proof you are worth the salary.

Message 32 of 40
andyew

This extends to .Net Framework 4.5 Full.

I have Windows 8 64 Bit. Trying to install Trueview 2014.

The error message is 

---------------------------
.NET version check
You must first install Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 before installing this product.
OK

Really? Trueview 2014, .Net 2.0?

I'm going to try 4.0 and hope it doesnt screw me up.

I'll let you know.

Message 33 of 40
andyew

So 4.0 doesn't work. Won't even install.

Details

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164207 More information.

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

Try 2.0 and see what happens.

Message 34 of 40
andyew

Couldn't install 2.0.

In the end the .Net 3.5 includes 2.0 and 3.0 needed to be installed.

Got it working. What a lot of mucking around though.

Message 35 of 40
hfkwong
in reply to: andyew

In order to install TrueView. I reinstalled my computer with XP SP2. Again I was pointing to here and there on .NET.

After spending hours, I gave up.

I cannot believe such a large company can screw up so much.

Message 36 of 40
arandy223

what the proplem

Message 37 of 40
arandy223

what the proplem

Tags (1)
Message 38 of 40
kona_pete
in reply to: hfkwong

I'm trying to install TrueView on XP, have tried every one of the suggestions here and have wasted a lot of time, to no avail. I have tried installing on 4 diffentent computers and the all say I need net framework 4.0 SP1 even though it is already installed. I see installing net framework 4.0 extended has worked for others here but it hasn't work for me.

Such a shame!!

Message 39 of 40
leojsp
in reply to: kona_pete

Dear: I could install DWG TrueView 2013 in Windows Xp Sp3.
Steps I did to install it:

1 - Download and Install. Net Framework 4 Full:

Link -> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

(Restart after install)

2 - Download and install Update Components. NET Framework 4:

Link -> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3556

Filename for XP 32-bit: "NDP40-KB2468871-v2-x86.exe"

(Restart after Install)

After installing this update, I was able to install DWG.

3 - Install DWG TrueView 2013.

Ready!

probe only the installation of DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows XP SP3, windows 7, and for those who have this problem in the operating system, try the steps 1,2,3.

Greetings from Chile.

Message 40 of 40
ko75

Finally success on Windows 7 x64 with DWG TrueView 2014 x64

I've met “DWG TrueView does not recognize .NET 4.0” problem on fully updated system with all optional .NET 4.0 components from Windows Update.

The one and only solution is installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653) “a highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4.”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report