Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2013 not functioning properly after installation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Michaeljw5
2052 Views, 1 Reply

DWG TrueView 2013 not functioning properly after installation

When I download and install the official version from the website, restart the PC and log in as the user, none of the file associations are correct for the user. Also, our users do not have admin rights, so when they do manage to bring up the program, it tries to go through the MSI installer and fails. This is with no alterations to the program at all. Is there a switch to install this for all users I'm missing?

If we get this cleared out of the way, there is a follow up problem I'm having while trying to install just the dwgviewr.msi after editing it and taking out the pre-req checks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Michaeljw5
in reply to: Michaeljw5

Upon further testing, the users do have rights for the MSI to popuplate the pertient information within their profile after starting the viewer.

What is not acceptable to my employer is the fact that it goes through another setup referencing the MSI when the users logs into the PC and tries the application.

Is there a way to have the setup install the necessary functions for all users without going through a secondary install?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the install? I get the same results if it's on a VM or physical PC.

If so, what did you do to correct it?

I've tried both the default setup and altered MSI with the launch conditions removed (I'll script my own logic to check for these installs, thanks...). Both give me the same results when the users login. When the user logs in, the file extension is not associated and it needs to go through that setup before it is functional. Our users also have a redirected start menu and profile so they do not see the icons of the software installed on the PCs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report