Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2012 64bit fails to install

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
e03433
12596 Views, 20 Replies

DWG Trueview 2012 64bit fails to install

I have downloaded DWG Trueview 2012 64bit onto a local windows 7 v Enterprise.

Once I have started the install by clicking on SetupDWGTrueView2012_64bit.exe the file extraction starts then halts/fails and shows:

CRC failed in Eula\Dutch.rtf

Unexpected end of Archive

I have tried on several PCs with the same results - any ideas please?

Mike

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
march_bim2
in reply to: e03433

I've had the attached error all day. First on my laptop which is 32bit and now on my desktop which is 64bit. Please help
Message 3 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: march_bim2

Redownload the product.  Your download may be corrupted. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

CRC failed in Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILL\Common~1.cab  Unexpected end of archive

please help. ive been getting this no matter what i do. ive redownloaded twice. and it just wont work. idk why. i have a 64-bit windows 7 laptop with enough upgrades that it should be able to handle this like my big screen tv showing up my moms crappy one. please any help you can give email me at theiman1111@gmail.com

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with the identical error.  Did you solve the problem?

Thank you,

Paul Diglio

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous

I am having the exact same issue/error message no matter which PC I install it on.  I am an IT Tech and we are using it for our AutoCAD files of our building.  We are using Windows 7 64 bit and it is just not letting us install it.  PLEASE find a fix for this.

I have tried using the Installer and I have tried just the download.  The error message I get when I just downloaded it was the same as the original user on this string.  After I used the Installer I get the attatched message.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 21
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Go download the 64-bit version direct and install it from download rather than server UNC path install.  That way you'll know for sure.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=9078813

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Thank you for your timely response 

The direct download does not work.  Neither downloads work.  They are giving a CRC error message.  Our Enginering Dept. has changed the images from DWF to DWG files so we now need the DWG Program.  There are some changes to our campus and we are needing the floor plans electronically.   We are running Win 7 64bit mechines.

Message 9 of 21
TravisNave

See my link above for CRC errors.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

You may have not understood my earlier statments.  Neither the Server nor the Direct downloads work.  Once the file is downloaded and the install begins and the opening of the files start scrolling past it will stop suddenly with the following error message:

CRC failed in x64\dwgviewr\Program Files\DWG TrueView 2012\Unlocked\dwgviewr.exe

Unexpected end of archive

SetupDWGTrueView2012_64bit.exe     File Size is:  4,292 kb

This is a Win 7 Machine.

Message 11 of 21
TravisNave

Then there is something wrong with your download.  Perhaps you have a scanner that checks inside of compressed files?  Who knows?  The point is, you need to redownload in a different fashion or you will be unable to install.  Download from home or from a different computer with anti-virus off.  use a different browser and do not use the download manager. Clearly it is getting corrupted from some means.  If the file were problematic, everyone would be having it. 

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please review again the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 21
philip.s

Hi Larry,

Have you looked into using AutoCAD WS as a potential workaround?

AutoCAD WS Login Page - LINK

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

Message 14 of 21
TravisNave

I just downloaded it from Autodesk.  No problems.  See the filesize.  Perhaps your download is ending prematurely?

DWG.JPG

And extracted just fine and the installer began.

RAR.JPG

install.JPG

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Travis I'm just troubleshooting here but are you running Win 7?
Message 16 of 21
TravisNave

Doesn't matter the OS.  Whether I do it from Windows 7 or even Windows XP 32-bit, it downloads and extracts fine.  Gotta be something corrupting your downloads.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Again, I am troubleshooting for a Federal Organization.  These are the questions that will be asked of me.  If you did not download it to Win 7 I just need to know that.

Message 18 of 21
TravisNave

For the purposes of this demonstration today, I used Windows XP SP2 32-bit to download and extract the file.  But nonetheless, it works the same on my Windows 7 64-bit machines as well.  Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

I did not see your file size fo 285M.  It does look like the download pukes.  Thank you for your help.

Message 20 of 21
AutodeskGF

@TravisNave

I have Vista Premium and successfully installed Autocad 2012.

Could you confirm that DWG TRUEVIEW 2012 would work on Vista Premium 64 bit?

If so where can I download it?

Thank you for your help! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report