Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Revit Architecture 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
746 Views, 1 Reply

Downloading Revit Architecture 2011

Hi,

I've once downloaded Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 (English) for 32/64-bit OS. However, when download has been complete as indicated in the web browser, and I've left ''automatically open when complete" checked, it has not started to open or initiate installation process. I've revisited the download sector twice, and seen that the download is already complete. When I have tried to download via alternative means, i.e. using web browser by clicking on the link below the video panel, I've successfully downloaded it. However, two problems appear.

First, the installation directory is risky. I run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. All my software are normally directed to Program Files (x86) folder. However, the standard installation directory is in C: drive and not specifically in this folder. I hereby ask for advice whether I should redirect the installation files or leave as the standard directory appears.

Second, upon installation complete, it appears that some files are corrupt. This has be recurrent thrice when I've freshly downloaded and installed it. I ask for advice regarding the download issue as mentioned in the 1st paragraph, and what is the solution such as trying to activate or initiate the installation process from the indicator bar.

Please reply and your response would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The alternate download may be your better bet for downloading files without corruption.  As for the extraction, just place them in the location where it asks and the installation will then begin after then.  The normal installation after extraction will go into C:\Program Files\...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report