Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading from Autodesk.com

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ransykr
303 Views, 7 Replies

Downloading from Autodesk.com

I'm trying to download the educational version of Autocad 2017 but every time I try I get this

"We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time.

We are so sorry, but we are temporarily unable to provide your serial number.

You may download immediately and start to use the software in trial mode.

Please try your serial number request again in 30 minutes.

Our apologies for the delay."

This happened to me yesterday aswell and I have no idea what is wrong.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Otto
in reply to: ransykr

Hello ransykr and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're getting an "Invalid Serial Number” message or having trouble with your product key while trying to register and activate your Autodesk software. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Click Top reasons why you may get a Serial Number Error during Activation

And check Error: "Invalid serial number" (standalone activation)

For product key information: Finding Serial Numbers & Product Keys

If you’re having an issue with your product key, please make sure that you are using the correct one for your product (especially if your product comes from a suite). Finally, you should type then numbers and letters in. We do not recommend copy/paste.

If you are still having issues activating your product, you may visit our Activation Contact Us page and submit your inquiry there.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 8
ransykr

I never got a serial number sent to my mail

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@ransykr

Is this serial # based on a free educational software account or a commercial one?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
ransykr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi,

this is a free educational software account.  I receive following reply:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time.

We are so sorry, but we are temporarily unable to provide your serial number.

You may download immediately and start to use the software in trial mode.

Please try your serial number request again in 30 minutes.

Our apologies for the delay.

Close window

Please advice.

br ransykr@simnet.is

Message 6 of 8
camilo.lemos

Hi @ransykr

You may want to try registering a new Education Community account with a different email address and obtain a new serial number.

There is no need to fully download the program again, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number.

Please let me know if that works.

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @ransykr,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try exiting out of the error message provided. I too received this message and exited out of it and continued without a problem or error.

2017-01-20_1036.png

If this is not possible, try another Browser like Internet Explorer. The "Download Now" method does not work well with Chrome. 

Please keep us posted on your progress. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @ransykr,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

If so, please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report