Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed 3DS Max drops dramaticly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Altaranalt
932 Views, 1 Reply

Download speed 3DS Max drops dramaticly

Hello there, I keep running into this issues and was hoping if anyone could help.

When downloading Autodesk 3DS Max 2014, I get the install screen and it says Downloading. So far so good.

However, it starts at roughly 60mb/s and then begins to drop. First to X kb/s and then even to Xb/s.

Turning my ETA from 1 hour to 1170 days. Although the internetspeed rises and drops, it never seem to return to its original high.

I checked my internet via speedtest.net and it showed a stable 55 mb/s.

This is a freshly re-installed computer. And the only thing I'm running in the background is Chrome (to type this, duh) and Skype.

Now I am in Europe, and although I've never had any issues downloading anything from the US, maybe that could be the problem?

Edit: When the message popped up "This site is trying to track your location" I did click deny. Could that have something to do with it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Altaranalt
in reply to: Altaranalt

Solved. Apperantly it doesn't work via Chrome. Did it via Firefox and now it worked. The installer still got stuck several times until I cancelled it, and suddenly found the shortcut to 3DS max already on my desktop... I have no idea if everything is installed properly, but I guess we'll find out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report