Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of AutoCad electrical change my other programs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
419 Views, 5 Replies

Download of AutoCad electrical change my other programs

I downloaded AutoCad Electrical and when it was done I went onto my desktop only to find that a bunch of my icons for other programs had changed to autoCad 2010 icons. Now all downloads I have done previously from AutoDesk will only open AutoCad 2010, not only that, I rebooted my computer and when Winows started up, 37 instances of AutoCad 2010 opened. I went to do a system restore and when I try to open that, guess what opens? AutoCad 2010 !!!! Adn I might add, I have a funny feeling that my security software has been changed aswell so that when I rebooted, it trys to start up with AutoCad!!!!! I had absolutely no problems up untill I downloaded and installed AutoCad Electrical

What has happened is for some reason during the installation process, AutoCad changed a bunch of the programs on my computer so that when they try to open they use AutoCad 2010 to open and are treated as if they are DWG files.

I have downloaded many products from Autodesk and never had any real issues till this and it has made a mess on my entire computer. Is it possible to change the program that System restore uses to open, back to what it was instead of it trying to use AutoCad?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Try logging in under a different user or in safe mode and run System Restore direction from C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

can a guest user run system restore?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Not that I know of.  Guest account is generally disabled.  You'll need to logon with a user that has local admin rights.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok Travis, It did work. I created a guest account went in and when I went to restore it just asked for the password for the administrator, I put it in and it let me restore. Everything went back to normal accept for the icons, they are still AutoCad2010 but atleast I can use the programs now. Really appreciate the help, I was getting no where with AutoDesk assistance by phone or online.   ThanksMan Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

My pleasure!  And I can attest to your last fact.  But in their defense, they are getting better.  😉 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report