Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of 3dsMax 2011 Failing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
w.z.marks
203 Views, 1 Reply

Download of 3dsMax 2011 Failing

I'm attempting to download the student edition of 3ds Max 2011 from Autodesk's student portal using my account, but every time the download starts it'll immediately fail due to "source file could not be read" after anywhere between five seconds and one minute of downloading.

This occurs in Firefox, Chrome and IE. I suspect the Autodesk download server is freaking out and resetting connections, but I have no idea. Is there a download mirror I could use in the meantime?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: w.z.marks

Hi w.z.marks:

I have manually generated Autodesk 3DS Max 2011 version for your convenience. Please note that the links are valid only for 72 hours.

Autodesk 3DS Max 2011, part 1

Autodesk 3DS Max 2011, part 2

Prior to download, please check your system for and disable any of the following:

# Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites.

# Anti-Virus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged.

# Download Monitors - Programs such as GoZilla! and NetZip are not compatible with our server and will sometimes block or stop downloads.

# Screen Savers - In some instances, screen savers can interfere with the download process. If you have a screen saver that is starting while you are downloading, please disable it temporarily until your download is complete.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report