Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading 2008 to 2006 or updating a serial number

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Peter.Thompson
336 Views, 0 Replies

Downgrading 2008 to 2006 or updating a serial number

Hi guys,

We have three copies of AutoCAD under subscription, of which we are using two.

We are using AutoCAD 2006 for compatibility to 3rd party software. As we now have a whole cupboard of newer version of AutoCAD, we upgraded one copy to AutoCAD 2008 only to find that some features of our 3rd party application did not function despite the vendor compatibility matrix. We then reverted back to AutoCAD 2006 and when we tried to register the application we were unable to as a newer version had been registered.

According to the vendor, “The Autodesk license agreement states that once the new version has been activated, a user has 120 days to finish using the old version and must remove it from their system. If the licence has been upgraded to 2008, then unfortunately, I cannot change the policy that Autodesk has set out.”

This is clearly nuts. If we are paying for software, we should be able to use it.

No matter, lets move on to my real question:

Getting our IT department to uninstall / reinstall non packaged applications like AutoCAD is a long and tedious process and I would rather just amend the serial number of the installed AutoCAD to the serial of the unused copy. I would then register this in the normal way.

How can I simply update serial number rather then losing a day’s productivity (and the IT charge) in uninstalling and reinstalling 2006 and then configuring AutoCAD / 3rd party applications?

Kind regards,

Pete.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report