Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade ADSK Product Design Suite Premium to Standard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
AdminRE
765 Views, 7 Replies

Downgrade ADSK Product Design Suite Premium to Standard

Hy

We use ADSK PDS Premium 2012 with subscription.

With the release 2013 Inventor is included in the standard edition.

Therefore i have called my reseller to check out the possibility to downgrade oure premium edition down to standard edition.

Now the reseller told me that we have to pay more than 2'000.- CHF per workplace to do this change... Smiley Mad

I can't belive that a simple downgrade from one edition to an other can costs so much!

Yours

Toni

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: AdminRE

Hi mail,

This is correct, downgrades follow the usual upgrade policy, meaning that customer pays the usual upgrade price when doing a “downgrade”.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8
shastu

So you are getting LESS product but are paying MORE for it.  That makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the "free" upgrade Autodesk.  We never had a choice when going to Premium because there wasn't a Standard addition back then that included Inventor.  Now we don't need the Premium package, but have to pay a lot of money to get less of a product.

Message 4 of 8
Maxim-CADman77

Seems like Autodesk don't care too much about changing needs of their customers.

We have several PDSUs where only Inventor is used.

We'd like to hire more engineers.

Why not make favor to us and give us let say 3 seats of Inventor for 2 seats of PDSUs for some reasobnable fee?

Autodesk will loose nothing this way (subscription payments would even increase).

But reseller just refuses to discuss ANY downgrade from suite to individual product

It seems like the only way is to stop subscription for PDSUs and buy Inventor....

But if we will stop subscription .... we will start from scratch and then who knows which soft vendor we would choose...

Think about it.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

There are no "downgrade" or "upgrade" options at Autodesk when it involves a different software or bundles UNLESS there is a special offer on the table.
That has always been the case, ask anyone over the last dozen years who bought a vertical (Civil, MEP, ARCH etc) to only find out they use plain AutoCAD.

Same with bundled packages: you think you are simply giving back software when in fact you are buying a complete different bundle (regardless of what is in the bundle).

It's sad no one makes any effort to remind buyers if this fact BEFORE they fall for a special "cheap" price on a flashy bundle. So they have to find out the hard way.
You should always ask when you buy anything about changes later: IMHO very few users find bundles worth it after the first renewal sticker shock hits them.
Message 6 of 8
GarrettSwearingen
in reply to: pendean

So if I purchase a Premium suite this year and only want the Standard next year, it's not simply a matter of renewing my Maintenance Subscription for the Standard version?  I'll be paying MORE to go to Standard?  

Message 7 of 8

Would that be a Crossgrade, going from (for example) Premium to Standard?

Couldn't I just renew my Maintenance Subscription for the Standard version?  Or would that not work because I already have Premium?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8

Downgrading has usually involved a small surcharge, while upgrading is considered a full purchase.  Your experience may differ, depending on your relationship with your reseller.

If you really only need to the Premium suite license on and off, that would be the perfect use for the Desktop Subscription/rental model license: get a months worth (three if particularly busy) and work the schedule to get it done in that time frame.  If you aren't sure, get a year of Premium and if it turns out you aren't making good use of it don't renew, just get a year of standard next time.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report