Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do We Need to Activate Our Infrastructure Design Suite Premium?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Bill.Schmid
403 Views, 3 Replies

Do We Need to Activate Our Infrastructure Design Suite Premium?

We are on subscription using IDSP 2014.  I just had one of our users install it.  He entered the necessary serial number and product key.  Since I'm the contract administrator, I got the e-mail with the activation code.  I don't remember this happening with previous releases.  Is it a new thing?  Do we HAVE to activate it?  What are the benefits of doing so?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

The email you got is a receipt showing a seat of your licensed subscription was activated.  This is for your protection.  There is no other action that you need to take, unless of course, you get an email like this and nobody was supposed to install/register the software. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Bill.Schmid,

Hello. Software has to be activated, yes. Yours may already be activated.

The email you received is supposed to be informative. Check the client machine and ensure you can start the program and it does not ask you to “activate”. Usually, after an activation or attempt at activation, this informative email will be sent. I would just double check the computer to ensure it is activated and usable and not in trial mode. Just start the program, if it is in trial mode it will tell you.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks Travis and Dave.  We won't try to fix what ain't broke.  If it doesn't absolutely demand activation, we'll let it be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report