Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed licensing problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gracilianofn
656 Views, 7 Replies

Distributed licensing problem

I have a problem with Distribuited licensing... My servers still running correctly... but the problem appear when I turn off one of three servers, for exemple .. the primary server.. after this all computers when we open any program Autodesk the time to open and "autenticate" the license is around 5 minutes. If we turn off any other server the programs open without problem.

I hope you understand my problem and sorry for my english.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: gracilianofn

timeout maybe: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Agreed, it probably could be timeout.  But you should also make sure that all of the clients and servers are able to point to the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE for each @server1;@server2;@server3

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

And by chance is this a distributed system as your title states, or actually a redundant system?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
gracilianofn

Hi,

I tested the solutions that you told me but unfortunelly the problem is the same.

I think that i made a wrong discribe... the servers are a reduntant system. I point on all clients using ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and on value @server1;@server2;@server3... and tested using IP instead name of server. Nothing change... 

If I only stop the service on SERVER1 all clients open the application normaly getting license of the 2 others servers, but if i turn off SERVER1 the delay clients are 5 minutes on minimal.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

I would get off of reduntant and go to distributed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Agreed. Redundancy offers absolutely no advantage, it only creates
redundant work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
gracilianofn
in reply to: TravisNave

Agreed... but how i work in an University i need be sure that the service will not stop. If one server on distribuited system stop some licenses will not avaliable. For this reason i really solve this problem of delay when one server stop. 

Rebuilding pool of license when a server not avaliable is automaticly or not... if not how i made this?!

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

There is no way to guarantee the system won't stop.  With the redunant system, your failure will require way more work to get running than if you ran either a single license server or a distributed server.  At least with a distributed system, you can work with any of them up while you resolve the one(s) that are down. 

Avoid the redundant server system. It is a false sense of security and not worth the effort compared to restoring another license system within a few minutes. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report