Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed deployment - multiple servers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jspayne
454 Views, 1 Reply

Distributed deployment - multiple servers

We currently have two offices running AutoCAD with FlexLM. Each office is pulling licenses from their respective servers. However when we have an overflow situation in one office and unused licenses in the other FlexLM won't go and get the licenses from the other office. I have modified the licpath.lic file on the client computers to read:

SERVER "servername1"
SERVER "servername2"
USE_SERVER

The servers are on the same network. The first server indicated is the only one that FlexLM will use. I can have users in location 1 pull licenses from location 2 by putting the servername for location 2 first in his licpath.lic file. However it won't automatically pull from the second location if the first is out of licenses.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: jspayne

jspayne wrote:
> We currently have two offices running AutoCAD with FlexLM. Each office is pulling licenses from
> their respective servers. However when we have an overflow situation in one office and unused
> licenses in the other FlexLM won't go and get the licenses from the other office. I have
> modified the licpath.lic file on the client computers to read: SERVER "servername1" SERVER
> "servername2" USE_SERVER
>
> The servers are on the same network. The first server indicated is the only one that FlexLM will
> use. I can have users in location 1 pull licenses from location 2 by putting the servername for
> location 2 first in his licpath.lic file. However it won't automatically pull from the second
> location if the first is out of licenses.

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot use LICPATH.LIC with distributed servers, you need to use the
ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable as described in the following solution:

http://support.autodesk.com/getdoc.asp?id=TS64909

--
Mark Taylor
Product Support, EMEA
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report