Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
la.mccracken
330 Views, 2 Replies

Disconnect User

I've got a user that likes to grab a ACAD 06 license and tie it up for days. How can I disconnect the user and get the license back using the license manager? This guy's on the other side of town otherwise I'd just turn his computer off.

Thanks for your help
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: la.mccracken

There is no way to reclaim a license that is currently in use. Even if you removed the license, the keep-alive feature in AutoCAD would immediately reclaim the license from the License Manager.

You could stop the License Manager service, create an adskflex.opt file and create an EXCLUDE option for that user. Then the user would not be able to use a license. Details are in the User Guide.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: la.mccracken

Hi,

You can use the TIMEOUT option in the adeskflex.opt but this is for all
user.
See also this document from autodesk :
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=2865533&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112

Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:
5093302@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've got a user that likes to grab a ACAD 06 license and tie it up for
days. How can I disconnect the user and get the license back using the
license manager? This guy's on the other side of town otherwise I'd just
turn his computer off.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report