I created a deployment on a VM running Server 2008 R2. When I run the installer from the workstation, during the installation just disappears. No errors or notifications.
When I check the deployment log I see the following irectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619.
Here is the entire log.
2012/8/7:13:02:55 Administrator Z400-PC === Setup started on Z400-PC by Administrator === 2012/8/7:13:02:55 Administrator Z400-PC Launch 2012/8/7:13:03:18 Administrator Z400-PC Inventorui
2012/8/7:13:03:21 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:05:38 Administrator Z400-PC Install F
2012/8/7:13:05:58 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:06:16 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:06:29 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:06:34 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:06:36 Administrator Z400-PC Install A
2012/8/7:13:13:04 eric.hoffman GLSDAPP01 === Setup started on GLSDAPP01 by eric.hoffman === 2012/8/7:13:13:04 eric.hoffman GLSDAPP01 Launch 2012/8/7:13:13:20 eric.hoffman GLSDAPP01 === Setup ended ===
2012/8/7:13:17:24 Administrator Z400-PC === Setup started on Z400-PC by Administrator === 2012/8/7:13:17:24 Administrator Z400-PC Launch 2012/8/7:13:17:57 Administrator Z400-PC === Setup ended ===
Just had a thought. Can I browse to the share/installer via UNC, or must I browse the path directly?
I seem to recall running into a similiar problem a year or two ago and had to modify my deployment.
Currently I'm setup like this.
Should I browse like so?
AutoCAD® 2013 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
Actually looks good up until this point. You probably need to look at the install log on the client to see where the 2013 is failing. Could be permissions or some other inconsistency.
You could try installing straight from media and seeing if you get the same problem. If not, it is likely an issue in your deployment. Typically, I do not recommend using administrative $ shares in a UNC path, though technically it shouldn't matter.
There should have been one created in the user's %TEMP% folder location.
Installing locally seems fine, so I'll go ahead and rebuild my deployment on the server.
Any ideas of what went wrong? FYI - I just built two of these deployments for other sites (similiar hardware) and both ran fine. Biggest difference here is the server for deployment is a VM.
It's hard telling. Make sure your shared folder has full read/write to the everyone user account and that the folder is set to an exception to anti-virus. I would recommend that you don't use an administrative $ share and when you make your deployment, do not make it a silent deploy. Just some of my own recommendations.
I'm having the same failure with Max 2013 on x64. In the Area they suggest running the download OR copying the DVDROM to the hard drive. Same failure for me trying both methods.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.