Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different MAX_BORROW_HOURS for different Users or groups?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mmanning
769 Views, 5 Replies

Different MAX_BORROW_HOURS for different Users or groups?

All,

Is it possible to set two different MAX_BORROW_HOURS time limits based on users or groups in an option file?

I currently have an option file with the limit set to 1440, or 60 days. I would like to have that be the max borrow limit for one group of people, and then 336 or 14 days for another group. I've played around with this a little bit, but can't seem to get to work. If I create something like the following it only sees the lower number and will only let all users check a license out for 14 days.

GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON

MAX_BORROW_HOURS 48800ACD_2006_0F 1440

MAX_BORROW_HOURS 48800ACD_2006_0F 336 USER Joe

Any thoughs?

Worst case I set the limit low for all users, or set an option to exclude borrow for certain users.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
orengabay
in reply to: mmanning

Hello, 

I think that this is not possible.

The syntax is: MAX_BORROW_HOURS feature[:keyword=value] num_hours

FLEXlm ignors the group you have added in the end. Looks like It does not support limitation to a specific group of users.

Sincerely,

Oren Gabay

OpenLM - openlm.com

Message 3 of 6
mmanning
in reply to: orengabay

Oren,

Thank you for your response. I was afraid that would be the case. I'll have to come up with an acceptable company policy solution I guess.

Michael

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I would recommend that you only use the option to allow cetain users to borrow.  Or you can set a low-water limit on the amount to licenses that are allowed to be borrowed.  So, if you had 10 seats, you could only allow 5 max to be borrowed. 

In any case, for eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
mmanning
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Thank you for your response. I saw your KB, was very helpful.

I now have to sort out how many users do need to borrow and who does not, and educate users who are light duty users (reviewers basically) that they can and could be using a viewer like DWG TrueView rather than the full blown AutoCAD product.

Of the 16 seats I have, I'm thinking of reserving X number for my power users group, maybe restricting another group of users from borrowing at all and leave the rest for people to fight over.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Sounds like you are in good shape.  If you run into any issues, just let us know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report