Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Sketchbook subscription and 30SEK buy in Play store?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eobet
211 Views, 2 Replies

Difference between Sketchbook subscription and 30SEK buy in Play store?

I know that you can get Sketchbook on all platforms with a subscriotion, but I loathe subscriptions for a variety of reasons so I am wondering what exactly I'm getting if I pay 30SEK with the option that comes after clicking "purchase" from within the app on Android?

Is what I'm getting equivalent to a subscription and do I get to keep the unlocked app forever?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeafairbanks
in reply to: eobet

Autodesk's information is rather vague about what you get on version 3 even if you buy the desktop version for Android. I ended up just buying it and installed it on my Android tablet, signed in (inside the Sketchbook) and didn't see anything different at all.

I also have a Windows tablet and that should run the desktop version with all the functionality of version 7 but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

As far as purchasing the software, I've seen the option of buying 7 on it's own but they don't make it very obvious ($67? something like that).

All of these software companies are going to these subscriptions (Adobe) and I really don't like it but I went with a year of Sketchbook because they had a sale for $12.95 (first year). Hopefully, the buying option will still be there next year.

Now, if I could actually get the software running on my tablet, that would be great. 😉

Message 3 of 3
eobet
in reply to: leeafairbanks

Well,while waiting for a proper answer i went looking for alternatives and discovered an app called ArtFlow which actually felt a lot better than Sketchbook and even had a slicker interface!

So, while forced subscriptions might be the answer for the big players, it's nice to see that there are good alternatives out there.

Still, if someone from Autodesk want to answer what you get for the single payment vs the subscription, I'm still curious to know, but for now you lost a customer (but I'm still thank full for the subscription because otherwise I'd never discovered ArtFlow). 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report