Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop subscription - errors all the way through process

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
valerie.ballorin
470 Views, 4 Replies

Desktop subscription - errors all the way through process

Hi, I have just purchased a monthly desktop subscription for AUTOCAD LT 2015 and have not been able to run it yet.  Firstly, the "Install Now" process did not work as there were issues with the NetSession client.  I tried all other download options until I finally had to use the Download Browser.  After a long download, I finally received the .exe file and click to install.  Through the process and after entering my serial number and product key, the installation started up until two separate error messages came up about verifying my credentials - I am the only user of a desktop computer (no network, nothing) and am therefore the administrator.  I cliked ignore and the installation process seemed to proceed til the end and the last window told me it was installed successfully.  However when I tried to open the software, a licensing error comes up ("unable to initialize adlm - internal error message <service not installed> and error code 20) followed by "your license is invalid.  Please contact your local authorized AUTOCAD dealer".

As I purchased online and have gone round and round in circles with the support pages, i would like to be able to contact someone to resolve this as currently I have paid for a product I cannot use.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Did you purchase this from the Autodesk site or a site claiming they are "authorized"? There are LOTS of shady sites out there that steal serial numbers.
Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

UAC settings, firewalls, and anti-virus can interfere with downloads and installs.  Need to ensure you get a clean installation without anything else getting in the way, even if its just trying to be helpful.  FYI - being the only user on the computer doesn't necessarily make you an admin (local or full).

There's also a discussion, dated around the first release of the 2015 products, noting some problems with installation and Adobe products.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: valerie.ballorin

You purchased subscription? Then visit and sign in at http://subscription.autodesk.com (you should have received, or will receive an email with the details from Autodesk at some point, or you can start the "create an account" process).

See this tip for permissions access: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2012-Unable-to-initialize-adlm/m-p/3299...

See this tip for ADLM type issues: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2012-Unable-to-initialize-adlm/m-p/3343...

If you are just looking for a product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

DWGTrueview 2014 download links can be found in this post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/TrueView-download/m-p/4427763#M68123
DTV 2015 64bit Download is here:
http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2015/SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe

Message 5 of 5
valerie.ballorin
in reply to: pendean

Hi all

Thank you for your contributions

1. I have purchased a genuine Autodesk product directly from the Autodesk website and received my contract, serial number and product key but it's the installation/download that seems to be the issue.

2. Thak you for the link to other threads - I do not use Windows Defender and this is turned off.  I have tried to unistall and re-install the programme (having downloaded directly from the Virtual Agent site as the installer doesn't work for me) AFTER having turned off all security features (Firewall, AUC, etc.) but to no avail.

3. I have looked in the ProgramData folder and found the ADLM folder in Autodesk but this is empty...maybe that is the problem.

As I mentioned in my post, the software did eventually download although I had to ignore two error messages about credentials and this results in the licensing error message code 20 when I try to launch the software.  I don't think the software installed correctly and I don't know enough about IT to spot the obvious.  In my simple brain, I would assume that by clicking on the Install Now button on the genuine Autodesk website the product should simply download and install.....you never used to have these issues with the good old fashion CD (and Windows XP to be fair!).

I purchased the advanced support from Autodesk at the same time as my product and contacted my local dealer but I am still waiting for the tech team to call me back so if anyone has any other idea as to what the problem might be....and how to fix it!  The links to other threads do not appear to have been marked as resolved.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report