Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment utility skips AutoCAD installation with no errors.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
291 Views, 3 Replies

Deployment utility skips AutoCAD installation with no errors.

I generated Deployment utilities from the setup program for our 2012 AutoCAD Network Licensed product.  They have worked successfully for both 32 and 64 bit installations. However, I have one computer on which the AutoCAD program refuses to install.  All the other programs in the package install correctly (Design Review, Fusion, etc.) but the AutoCAD program itself is skipped with no errors and no Log entries.  The log makes no mention of AutoCAD 2012 only the other programs mentioned above.  I have turned off Antivirus, run the deployment program as Administrator, completely removed and deleted any file remnants of the programs and started from scratch.  No luck.

This is a Dell T7500 running Windows 7.  It appears that the deployment program thinks AutoCAD is already installed and skips it.  How do I start to troubleshoot this one. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Check to see if a trial version had been installed or if there are any remnants of AutoCAD in the registry.

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I went through all the AutoCAD removal steps to completely remove, then ran the Microsoft installer/cleaner and ran the deployment again with the silent installed removed.  This time it did generate the error 1402 which is attached.  I took a look at that key and the permissions appear correct in that both SYSTEM and the Administrators Group have full control and the Administrators Group is the owner.

Of course the installation rolls back when the OK button is clicked.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The follow-up link on my other post addresses this.  You can find the KB about this issue here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16508079&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report