Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Update Failure on Max FBX pluggin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BobbyC.Jones
541 Views, 2 Replies

Deployment Update Failure on Max FBX pluggin

I'm updating our BDS Premium deployment with the new Revit 2013 update.  It's making it past the Revit update, but is failing on the FBX plugin for Max with a message "The copy functions cannot be used."

Any thoughts on a next step to take?  Thanks!

Here is an excerpt from the log:

2012/7/25:09:33:29 <My User and computer name> Deployment DIRECTCONNECT2013 Finalize succeeded!  2012/7/25:09:33:31 <My User and computer name> Deployment MAX CreateTransform succeeded!  2012/7/25:09:33:31 <My User and computer name> Deployment MAX CopyUserFiles succeeded!  2012/7/25:09:33:31 <My User and computer name> Deployment MAX Finalize succeeded!

2012/7/25:09:33:35 <My User and computer name> Deployment MAX_SP0 ApplyPatch succeeded!  2012/7/25:09:34:03 <My User and computer name> Deployment FBX CreateAdminImage failed! 266

--
Bobby C. Jones
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DannyHubbard
in reply to: BobbyC.Jones

Bobby,

Most likely you are running into one of two issues.

1. The server where you are creating the deployment is out of disk space.

2. (more likely) The path is to long and the folder and file name for the Max FBX plug in is exceeding 265 characters.

You will probably need to look at the path you are using to where the deployment is being created and try shorting it a bit.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BobbyC.Jones

Hello

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are having the exact same problem:

FBX    CreateAdminImage failed!    266

I don't understand how this could be due to a path name being too long as the path of our AdminImage folder isnt particularly long:

C:\Autodesk BDS 2013\AutodeskBDS\AdminImage

There is also plenty of disk space. I found this article (http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autodesk-suites-modifying-a-building-design-suite... which suggests this is a bug and that Design Suite Premium 2013 deployments can't be modified. Can anyone clarify? Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report