Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
aliullah
328 Views, 6 Replies

Deployment question

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of preparing an image with Autodesk software which will be deployed Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.  With the new free Educational model my question is can we deploy an image as an institution without having to configure each individual workstation or can we do a single deployment at once with the software ready to use?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: aliullah

You can do this if your product is network licensed.  If it is stand-alone, then it will not work.  I use Snap Deploy for my deployments and it works perfectly for network licensed seats. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
aliullah
in reply to: TravisNave

I see thanks.  I was hoping with the free Education license that it wouldn't require a license server anymore.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

License server is so much easier than stand-alone licensing.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: TravisNave

I swear I've asked this before - aren't the EDU installs intended for individual students/private computers rather than entire labs?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
aliullah
in reply to: dgorsman

Message 7 of 7
aliullah

Now I have another question.  Is there a tool in which I can download for mass deployments for the new version?  I see that the installers offered all download from the internet rather than one standalone download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report