Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment package that prompts for serial info?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
admlshake
218 Views, 1 Reply

Deployment package that prompts for serial info?

I've got about 80 computers that I need to install Inventor Suite 2015 on to, my company is to cheap to upgrade to a licening server so sadly thats not an option.  Most of these computers will be using either Standard or Ultimate versions of the suite, what I would like to do is to create a deployment package for each version and when myself and my two other techs go to install it at one of our divisional buildings (we are spread out over the nothern part of Indiana) it just prompts them for the serial key and starts installing.  Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: admlshake

No you can't create a deployment that prompts for the serial number. If you have just a couple serial numbers you could create one deployment for one of the serials and then create another off of that that is configured for the other SN. You could also put a serial in but not have the deployment install in silent mode by unchecking the silent install box during creation. This way when it's run you can still get to the license information screen and change the serial as needed. The downside obviosuly is that it's not a silent install anymore. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report