Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows 7 x64

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
justforthispost
7652 Views, 23 Replies

Deployment of DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows 7 x64

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing DWG Trueview 2013 on Windows 7 x64 through group policy's. I was able to successfully deploy DWG TrueView 2013 x86 on Windows 7 x86without any problems by GPO Deployment Methods. I used the mst files located in the SetupRes folder so I was able to deploy through GPO and not get the error message that I should run setup.exe

Now I did the same with the x64 version of DWG TrueView on a Windows 7 x64 computer but I receive the following error message:

Product: DWG TrueView 2013 -- Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acipps16.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024770.  Contact your support personnel.

Is there anyone able to help me fix this? I have tried to get support through the subscription center but I can't select DWG TrueView as product.

Kind regards

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Anyone who can help please?

Message 3 of 24
JamesRigg
in reply to: justforthispost

Hi there. I am having a similar issue to you. Unfortunately David Lau of Autodesk says " The direct download links are is something that Autodesk is not providing anymore."

This will mean that deployment of DWG Trueview as a standalone application will no longer be supported.

I will subscribe to your post to see if you receive the help you require. If I receive the same assistance before you I will let you know. My post is 2 below yours on the same page.

Message 4 of 24
justforthispost
in reply to: JamesRigg

Still no reply for Autodesk?

Message 5 of 24

Hello Autodesk?

Message 6 of 24
philip.s

Hi Peter,

I'm looking into your inquiry and will follow up accordingly. Thank you very much for your patience in the mean time.

Message 7 of 24

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope you will find an awnser for this problem. It is quite annoying what we can't deploy Trueview to our new x64 workstations.

Message 8 of 24

Any update Philip?

Message 9 of 24
philip.s

Nothing yet Peter, but I'm definitely still trying to find an answer for you. I apologize for the inconvenience and extended wait...

Message 10 of 24
cadmgr

For the record, please add me to the list of parties needing to install Trueview 2013 to Windows 7 x64 systems.  Subscribing...

Message 11 of 24
philip.s
in reply to: cadmgr

Sorry for the extended wait everyone, but hopefully it's worth it / here you go!

DWG TrueView 2013 32BIT

DWG TrueView 2013 64BIT

Message 12 of 24
justforthispost
in reply to: philip.s

I'm sorry to report I'm still getting the same error when deploying the x64 version as discribed in the opening post.

Message 13 of 24
justforthispost

Anyone still working on this Philip?

Message 14 of 24
justforthispost

Still no fix for this Autodesk?

Message 15 of 24

Deploying a batchfile through GPO works for me.

[code]

if exist "%programfiles%\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2013\dwgviewr.exe" goto eof

start /wait "\\ServerName\Software\AutoCAD Viewer\2013\x64\setup.exe" /q /w /t "\\ServerName\Software\AutoCAD Viewer\2013\x64\setup.ini"

:eof

exit

[/code]

Good luck.

Message 16 of 24
justforthispost

Ofcourse it will work if I run a bat file wich calls the exe. But then you are missing the whole point of deploying the msi to a workstation.

Does anyone of autodesk still reads this topic?

Message 17 of 24

Well, Autodesk doesn't respond that much (eg. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/msi-in-GPO-not-working-quot-Run-Setup-exe-to-in...).

For some dark, mysterious reason, it's impossiple to push the msi directly from your GPO without problems (eg. Computer>Policies>Software Settings>Assigned Applications>dwgviewr.msi with or without transform file), so you might as well give up trying & whining, apply a workaround, do the exotic deployment and focus to your end goal: Trueview deployment.

I've rewritten my batch, with a little improvement.

[code]

:: check for previous installations

if exist "%programfiles%\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2012\dwgviewr.exe" goto 2012

if exist "%programfiles%\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2013\dwgviewr.exe" goto eof

:2012

:: remove 2012

msiexec /qn /norestart /x "ServerName\Software\AutoCAD Viewer\2012\x64\x64\dwgviewr\dwgviewr.msi"

:: setup 2013

msiexec /qn /norestart /i "ServerName\Software\AutoCAD Viewer\2013\x64\x64\dwgviewr\dwgviewr.msi"

:eof

exit

[/code]

Good luck.

Message 18 of 24
justforthispost

Thanks for your input. However I do hope someone of Autodesk will read this and will reply 🙂

Message 19 of 24
cadmgr

As a staunch supporter of PLEASE HIRE MORE MODERATORS to participate in Autodesk discussion groups, I'll  acknowledge here that the new exe appears to work for 64-bit W7.

Good luck with the GPO.

Message 20 of 24
vulkoek

This problem still issn't fixed. Is there anyone from Autodesk that can help me with this ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report