Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of AutoCAD/Inventor Education versions to multiple sites

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scott
237 Views, 2 Replies

Deployment of AutoCAD/Inventor Education versions to multiple sites

Hello

We are going to be rolling out Windows 7 across 120+ sites (9000 machines), 16 of which are secondary schools using the education licence version of AutoCAD and Inventor, (400+ machines)

Currently they all have their own 36month licence/registration for the education versions of the software. They install the software manually or they build it into an image and deploy it that way.

I would like to know if i can register for the education version on behalf of all these schools and setup a standardised deployment for all the sites.

The deployment also needs to be silent as it will be deployed using Symantec Altiris.

I see there is a guide to the deployment of the software so the main question I need answered is can I use one registration/one code to do all 16 sites.

If anyone has any info on best practice for this situation, it would be helpful as well.

Thanks

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: scott

scott wrote:

Currently they all have their own 36month licence/registration for the education versions of the software. ..

Where was this license obtained?  It sounds like student license where it should be institutional license.

I recommend you contact the EDU VAR for your region.

Institutional.png

Student License.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
scott
in reply to: JDMather

The licence was obtained from the autodesk website when downloading the education versions of the software.
The sites use licence managers with these codes or standalone installs with the codes.
A code covers 120 machines per site.
As each site registers for its self and installs for its self, nothing is standard.
I was hoping to be able to register and get a code to cover 400 education machines and deploy a standard version.
I have been through the deployment guide and can see how to get the software onto the machines; however I am going to need to make 16 versions of the deployment tasks to cover the codes/120 limit, which is unfortunate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report