Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of AutoCAD 2007

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
tietjee
631 Views, 16 Replies

Deployment of AutoCAD 2007

I am trying to deploy AutoCAD 2007 that cam with Inventor 11. On the server I ran Deployment and selected acad.msi for deployment. From the workstation I go the deployment directory I created. From there I execute the MDT2007 shortcut. I get the following message "This installation package could not be opened..." I have been able to deploy Inventor 11.

Thanks,
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: tietjee

Ensure that the user has full access privileges. This means read and write. Generally, I set the permissions by giving the 'everyone' account 'Full Control.' Also make sure that there are no implicit deny permissions checked, as they take priority. (This goes for both the share permissions and the file/folder permissions.)

I would assume that your machine is at least running MSI 3.1. If it is still running the old MSI 2 that came with Windows XP, that may also be your problem. But that is unlikely these days as 3.1 has been a prerequisite for some time now.

If that still doesn't work... recreate your deployment. Maybe something fluked up when it was being created.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
tietjee

I received the same error message.

When I install the following are installed:

DirectX 9.0
Autodesk DWF Viewer.

Then the program stops and gives the same error message

I have made sure that the directory has been shared with full access. I recreated the deployment file. How can I check to make sure that the workstations are running MSI 3.1 and Net 2.0?

Thanks

David Tietje

Message 4 of 17
TravisNave

They should be installed prior to the program installing. Also check the folder and file permissions of that share in addition ot the share permissions.

Check Add/Remove programs for the file versions. Or just run Windows Update a few times.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 17
tietjee

I have check my MSI version and have

Windows ® Installer. V 3.01.4000.1823

Where would get V3.1.4000.2435 for XP

I have a log file setup, but there is not log file after the failure to install

Thanks
Message 6 of 17
TravisNave

You most likely already have V3.1.4000.2435.

Microsoft forgot to update the version number when they fixed 1823.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 17
tietjee

I trying installing AutoCAD on a different workstation. The following was the installation steps:

Installing MSI 3.1
Installing NET Frame 2.0
Installating DirectX 9.0
Installing Autodesk DWF Viewer
Installing Flash

Rebooted the system

Started the installation process again

Installing DirectX 9.0
Installing Flash

Error Message

This installation package could not be installed...

This is a network version of AutoCAD 2007. I have downloaded the license for Inventor 11 and it runs.

The short cut MDT 2007 has the following path:

\\6133autocad\manage\mdt2007

The directory AdminImage has the following path:

The file acad.msi is located in:

\\6133autocad\manage\mdt2007\AdminImage

The directory manager is read/write access for myself and others.

The MSI version on all the server and workstations is:

MSI 3.01.4000.1823

The upgrade program provided by Autodesk and Microsoft are the same.

Should I reinstall the deployment program?
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Hi,

could you post the log that is created on the workstation during the
installation process?

--
Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:
5320854@discussion.autodesk.com...
I trying installing AutoCAD on a different workstation. The following was
the installation steps:

Installing MSI 3.1
Installing NET Frame 2.0
Installating DirectX 9.0
Installing Flash

Rebooted the system

Started the installation process again

Installing DirectX 9.0
Installing Flash

Error Message

This installation package could not be installed...

This is a network version of AutoCAD 2007. I have downloaded the license
for Inventor 11 and it runs.

The short cut MDT 2007 has the following path:

The directory AdminImage has the following path:

The file acad.msi is located in:

\\6133autocad\manage\mdt2007\AdminImage

The directory manager is read/write access for myself and others.

The MSI version on all the server and workstations is:

MSI 3.01.4000.1823

The upgrade program provided by Autodesk and Microsoft are the same.

Should I reinstall the deployment program?
Message 9 of 17
tietjee

There is no log file
Message 10 of 17
TravisNave

Should be a log file. Still could be a permissions thing then.

There should at least be a log file on the target PC in the %temp% folder.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 17
tietjee

I have attached the log file. I hope this helps
Message 12 of 17
TravisNave

The error still shows the same thing. It's a permissions issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316309

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 17
dbridgma

We're getting a similar issue trying to install AutoCAD 2007 network licensing, single server. The difference here is: the error happens outside the subnet of the licensing server. The 1619 error is rarely thrown when the workstation/client is in the same subnet as the licensing server.

Like you, we've drilled through the permissions and share setup 15 times. Everything's Full Control, at every level, including the share. Even added NT 4.0 compatibility & that the executable can be run by non-admin users. This share is dangerously wide-open, and yet without success 85% of the time.

AutoCAD 2006 was a pain, but there's something really not right with the deploy MSI for AutoCAD 2007.

Daniel Bridgman
Smith College
Message 14 of 17
tietjee

Solution, for me anyway.

The error results from the Deployment Programs and not how things are shared.

Setup up the directory locations you want to have the deployment files on the server. For us it is

\\6133autocad\deployment\inventor. The deployment directory is a shared directory.

Run Deployment. When you get to the window with the four prompts, selection boxes.

Box 1: Location of MSI files. This is the DVD

Box 2: Location of the deployment directory. DO NOT TYPE THE HARD DRIVE LOCATION (C:\ ...). Use the computer name. For us:

\\6133autocad\deployment\inventor

Box 3: The deployment name.

Autodesk does not make this clear.

I have also run into a 1406 error. This is covered in the Knowledge Base. I found this occurred when either previous versions were on the workstation or installations failed.
Message 15 of 17
TravisNave

That is the correct way to do it. Is this not understood?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 17
TravisNave

Also, the 1406 error is likely because you have Flash player 8 installed. There is an error with the registry permissions that Macromedia had with this version. Simply choosing Ignore will yield a successful installation.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 17
tietjee

It was not clear to me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report