Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of 2010 is not installing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
patrick_aps
773 Views, 6 Replies

Deployment of 2010 is not installing

Almost at the end of the deployment, it suddenly starts a rollback.
Does anyone has an idea where to find the reason for this in the very elaborate log file ?

The installation direct from DVD did succeed however.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhenley
in reply to: patrick_aps

Search the log file for 'Error'. For instance you may find this if you do,

DEBUG: Error 2602: The File table entry 'ADSK_17FAC44C_813E_45DB_978F_E76AD8C4E63A' has no associated entry in the Media table.
MSI (s) (E8:F0) [23:59:07:745]: Product: AutoCAD 2010 - English -- Internal Error 2602. File, ADSK_17FAC44C_813E_45DB_978F_E76AD8C4E63A

You can google your errors listed in that log file to determine whether or not to recreate the deployment.

But since the deployment is no doubt bad, you should recreate it.
Message 3 of 7
jdb3687

Just wondering, what software are you trying to deploy and which one - 64 or 32 bit..??
Message 4 of 7
TroyKutil5410

I am just working on an install via GPO and found that the version of directX is causing the issue.
Message 5 of 7
FT398

I have run into this exact same issue 'Error 2602'. I have re-created the dployment at least 6 times using two different machines and creating them in different locations but every time I try to do an install I get a 2602 error. I'm interested in the comment above about DirectX - anybody got more info about this?
Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

Just a thought, did you add any service packs or hotfixes to your deployment?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
FT398

In my case, there are no service packs or hot fixes applied but I do have additional files I'm trying to include - simple 2D block libraries. When the install fails and gives me the file code, it is always associated with the very first additional file (I know this as I have used Orca to have a look inside the msi with my mst applied to it).

Having had a look at what's going on inside Orca, I could see that my additional files were being allocated 'sequence' numbers for their installation but when I then looked at the media table there was no mention of any of these sequence numbers - obviously the cause of the " no associated entry in the Media table" message in the debug file.

After determining the range of sequence codes for my files I was able to edit the media table accordingly and then when I re-ran the installer it ran through without a hitch and I'm now sat looking at a full install of ACA2010 with my custom files alongside.

I was fortunate enough to be aware of the Orca application and thankfully have been able to resolve my problem - not the way I should have to go about things but at least it should only be a one-time task. Hope my findings are of use to some other people out there with similar problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report