Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment image problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
224 Views, 2 Replies

Deployment image problem

I have recently taken over a CAD setup. The previous manager had setup some network deployments. I have tried to setup a new machine from one of these images. The installation works fine but when AutoCAD is started it is asking for a serial number and to be registered. I know that the admin image has been moved on the network at some point but the ADLM and lic file are in there original location.
What is going wrong and how do I get AutoCAD to start without it going through a registration process?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like it was installed as a stand-alone version. Did you install it with the shortcut, or from the MSI in the AdminImage folder?

Might just use the deployment wizard to verify/modify the deployment to ensure that everything is set up the way you expect it to be.

In the mean-time, you can change your stand-alone installs into network installs with a registry change. I have the process listed in this forum a billion times. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Good luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Travisnave.

I picked up on one of your previous posts and did the regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx\AdLM]
"Type"=dword:00000019

19=network
2a=standalone

The value was set to 2a. I changed the value to 19 and it worked a treat.

Thanks once again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report