Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Fails to find a 3rd party installer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tahdesign1
208 Views, 2 Replies

Deployment Fails to find a 3rd party installer

I have built and tested Deployments for all of my products and will be doing and upgrade at the end of the week.

I have three suites involved:

Product Design Suite 2014 Premium

Product Design Suite 2014 Ultimate

Factory Design Suite 2014 Ultimate

I tested each one of these on my Machine and they all worked as expected.

However, I just cleaned off the 2012 product from a production another workstation and started the Deployment of the Factory Design Suite 2014 Ultimate.

It got hung up looking for the 3rd party installer FARO.LS_5.1.0.30630.msi.

Not only could it not find it but it wanted to look for it on a Product Design Suite 2014 USB. Not even the same product.

I was able to browse for the file in the deployment directory for Factory Design Suite 2014 and the installation then continued.

So two questions:

1) Did it not have an issue with this since it my machine still had the 2012 product on it when I tested the Deployments so it did not need to find it?

2) Even with it not being able to find it, why would a Deployment for Factory Design Suite 2014 be trying to find the installer on the Product Design Suite 2014 USB?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: tahdesign1

1) Did it not have an issue with this since it my machine still had the 2012 product on it when I tested the Deployments so it did not need to find it?

It is possible that a 2012 (remnant) could have caused the installation issue.  I would uninstall "faro" and any 2012 product before installing the Suite.  Faro is 3rd party so you may have missed that.  Starting in 2014, we have a quick uninstall tool as well.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/06/the-legendary-quick-uninstall-utility-for-autodes...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/tip-using-the-search-filter-in-the-control-panel-...

2) Even with it not being able to find it, why would a Deployment for Factory Design Suite 2014 be trying to find the installer on the Product Design Suite 2014 USB?

Can you confirm that you can't find the faro*.msi file on the PDS 2014 USB?  that is odd.  I am hoping if you uninstall faro, this may not be an issue.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
tahdesign1
in reply to: david.lau

I did use the quick uninstall tool when removing the 2012 Product.

I would have assumed that it would removed the faro also if it needed to.

However, I will check next time to see if it still exists after running the quick unistall and if it does I will manually remove it.

At this point all of my deployments are made (I have several flavors of product) and the upgrade happens at the end of this wekk so there is no time to fix this before then.

If it continues to happen I will just have to redirect the installer when it ask where the file is.

As far as it not being able to find it on the USB that is alittle odder since these deployments were not made from a USB but from downloaded installation media. So no USB was ever involved. It is also odd that a Factory Design deployment would be asking for the faro to be located on a Product Design USB.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report