Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying via SCCM to remote sites

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jmvondra
485 Views, 1 Reply

Deploying via SCCM to remote sites

We are looking to deploy AutoDesk products to a number of our remote sites via SCCM.

I have read the documentation on this and have a question on its functionality:

While creating the deployment, the adminimage location is specified. When this is created in our environment, it is done on storage at our primary site. This application is then distributed to remote SCCM servers.

At the time that this is run from the remote SCCM servers, where will the installation pull needed files from? I noted that the installation specifies that the adminimage is back at our primary site - does this indicate that it will pull the entire installation from this location. In our case, this would mean it would be pulling the application back over our slow link between the primary and remote site which would have obvious negative effects.

Do I need to create/manage seperate builds for each remote site?

Thanks for any input,

-Jake

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jmvondra

You'd be better off having a deployment created locally at each site.  You don't wanna push multiple gigs out to your stations across the WAN. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report